5870/BFBC2-Loads into grey screen between rounds

200mg

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
134
Between rounds in bfbc2 my card will flicker and then load into a grey screen. I can see all 2D aspects of the game, but all 3d terrain is just a flat gray screen. I have tried 10.2 and 10.1 with the latest 10.1 hotfix.

I can usually play the first few rounds without any issues, then about the 3rd or 4th round it will start. Sometimes alt-tabbing and then loading the game back in will resolve the issue, but that only works 3 or 4 times before I have to completely exit and reload the game.

Anyone else having similar issues? I can still RMA the card for a replacement via newegg, I'm wondering if I should. Temps look good, I have dx9 forced and my load times are actually quite good. When this card is playing it looks great, but the constant loading into a gray screen and artifacting have got to be addressed
 
By between rounds do you mean while you wait to respawn? I came across that same exact thing earlier today so I doubt we both have bad cards. I also have a 5870.
 
i get the same thing and i have a gtx 260


just spawn as usual and it goes away.
 
Killcam is turned off on the server maybe?

This is between spawns right? And you can still see your loadout screen and 2d stuff so it sounds like the server admin turned off the killcam which will do pretty much exactly what you're describing.
 
What do you mean by the "2D aspects of the game"? Like the squad menu, match stats, and weapons right? If you are seeing all of those and just gray in the center of the screen then nothing is wrong, it's just the server and they have the killcam/ squadcam option turned off.
 
Mine only does this on certain servers, I thought it was just a server setting to disable you from seeing a birds-eye view of the battlefield before spawning. Maybe not?
 
I also have seen this. Its not a GPU issue. Its just something the game does for whatever reason.

I wouldn't give it another thought :D
 
I used to see this occasionally. I think he's talking about the switch between maps.

I turned on gpu-z logging, and the card clocks down to 2d clocks, along with the voltage dropping. I did the profile fix of making my 2d clocks 600/900 which matches my 3d low clocks. I also changed the voltage to match the 3d low voltage.

I also run the fan 50% on this profile before I start the game, and I haven't seen it give me this problem since.

I don't know which part of this fixed it, or maybe all of it combined.
 
Yeah now it does do that (what the post above mine says) but I haven't ever crashed during the times that happens. I still think since he said he can see all the 2d stuff it's going to be that the server admin has killcam turned off, or at least that's part of it anyway.
 
Back
Top