5.1 problems

ColdCrow

Limp Gawd
Joined
Mar 31, 2005
Messages
289
I have had these logitech z 5300 since the xp days. They sounded great on my xfi extreme music sound card.

Ever since Vista:
The center speaker randomly just won't work when playing a game cuts out sometimes. The back speakers don't work at the moment when just listening to music in WMP.

I removed my creative sound card thinking it could of been those vista creative drivers or my card has gone bad, but now I'm having problems with my speakers with on board.

Sometimes one of the rear speakers would just stop working and sound like it's under water.

I have no clue if this is just all Vista related or if I should consider investing in a new 5.1 set. :(

any suggestions, ideas, related comments?
 
Try your speakers on another operating system like XP or a linux distro and see if there is a problem.Also how often does this problem occur? It sounds like it is just driver problems if it isnt happening all the time.
 
Try your speakers on another operating system like XP or a linux distro and see if there is a problem.Also how often does this problem occur? It sounds like it is just driver problems if it isnt happening all the time.

It happens randomly, currently I am not using a sound card. I am using my onboard 780i with latest drivers.
 
Back
Top