5.1 not working, only 2.0

Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
40
Well I recently bought the Z-5500, but now it seems only my right front and left front are working.. I think the problem is with my sound card, I have a Supreme FX II (came with the motherboard so it's not very fancy) and I don't seem to have an audio manager/console..
The only way I can adjust balance or decide if the stereo should be used as a 2.1 or 5.1 or 7.1 is in the control panel/sound but ANY settings I change in there don't affect anything at all.. I have tried "googling" but I cant find any help and I can't go into my bios because I have another problem that I have posted about but no help ^_^ (blue screen) So should I buy a new sound card or is there a fix ?

Plz help, I'm pretty desperate
 
If your source is only 2 channel (read: pretty much all music) you're only going to get 2 channel output to the speakers regardless. Since you have no control panel for the Supreme FX II it's a safe assumption that the card doesn't do any upmixing. You can either do it with the speakers (Pro Logic II or whatever) or just live with 2 channels for music. Have you tried a game or DVD movie with 5.1 sound forced through the respective title's settings to see if it works? If it still doesn't, and you're sure everything is connected properly, then you might have a problem with the speakers themselves.
 
Ok well I found a audio manager for my card so I set it up for 5.1 then I did the test and I heard sound coming from every speaker, then I did the same with control panel > sound ect and it work as well. so I followed your advice and played a dvd, I watched it normal media player and media center and I got surround sound with BOTH !! lol happy to know that my speakers are fine but now my question is why isnt my music playing in surround ?!?
 
Ok well I found a audio manager for my card so I set it up for 5.1 then I did the test and I heard sound coming from every speaker, then I did the same with control panel > sound ect and it work as well. so I followed your advice and played a dvd, I watched it normal media player and media center and I got surround sound with BOTH !! lol happy to know that my speakers are fine but now my question is why isnt my music playing in surround ?!?

As was said above, music is 2 channels.
 
Back
Top