Hey everyone,
this is probably a big n00b problem, but i have no idea what i need to do to fix it. I've been setting up my computer this week since i'm back from school and decided to hook up my A/V receiver to it. My mobo is a gigabyte ga-965p-s3 w/ the Realtek ALC883 audio chipset. I've got it connected to my receiver with an optical cable. I can get stereo sound just fine, but if I switch audio over to 6-channel in the Realtek Setup software, I won't get any sound from the center/surround channels or the subwoofer. If i leave the computer in stereo mode, i'll get sound out of those speakers, but it's not real 5.1. I updated to the latest audio drivers from Realtek, but no luck. If anyone knows what i can do to fix this or can point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.
this is probably a big n00b problem, but i have no idea what i need to do to fix it. I've been setting up my computer this week since i'm back from school and decided to hook up my A/V receiver to it. My mobo is a gigabyte ga-965p-s3 w/ the Realtek ALC883 audio chipset. I've got it connected to my receiver with an optical cable. I can get stereo sound just fine, but if I switch audio over to 6-channel in the Realtek Setup software, I won't get any sound from the center/surround channels or the subwoofer. If i leave the computer in stereo mode, i'll get sound out of those speakers, but it's not real 5.1. I updated to the latest audio drivers from Realtek, but no luck. If anyone knows what i can do to fix this or can point me in the right direction, i'd really appreciate it.