4X DVD Burner $55.00 at Staples

JRW160

Gawd
I picked up a 4x Pacific Digital DVD Burner at my local Staples today for $55. They were $89, but were on clearance for $55. Not sure if this is at all Staples or what, but I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Thanks you for the heads up....is it dual format?

Is it a Lite-On? If so, it's a deal, because these Lite-Ons can be modded to write at 8X!

Originally posted by TechHead
Is it a Lite-On? If so, it's a deal, because these Lite-Ons can be modded to write at 8X!

did u even try to read what he said?

4x Pacific Digital DVD Burner

Originally posted by Kingpin

wow, you are newbie! Pacific Digital does not make any dvd burners. the buy and rebadge other makes and sell them under their own brand. Pacific Digital has been known to use Lite-on drives for some of their drives.

Im not sure thats true, i have a lite on 411s. I cant find any information about it being modded into a 8x burner. If Im wrong, great, please give me the info to do this. TIA

Originally posted by Kingpin

Its a rebadge you n00b... how about you know what you talking about before you trash sombody.

Good post thanks for the heads up guy!!

Originally posted by TechHead

HOW?...is there a guide?... can u post a link

Originally posted by wayne
HOW?...is there a guide?... can u post a link

There's a better site : www.speedlabs.org
Register there, go to the Zebra Mod section in the forums, and read up and download the Zebra Mod. You can go directly from the 401S to the 811S using the Z mod. The one linked in the previous post is dangerous, it may not provide the proper calibration data for 8X burning. The Z mod is awesome.. I can attest to it :D

It is dual format SKU # 44405 30182. I don't think it is a Lite On, but I am not sure.

Interesting. It can't be a 401S for sure.. that still doesn't rule out a 411/451S.

I called the local Staples.. ..after telling them that my brother purchased the dvd burner in TN, they called. Seems as though the price is 89 dollars down there, but still clearance.

Well, since it took so long on hold, the gal at the copy center gave me one for 55$. WooHoo!

Maybe there is a rebate out there somewhere as well!

;)

-PD

Yeah, mine rang up $89, but the sign said $55 on it, so they marked it down to $55.

Originally posted by JRW160
It is dual format SKU # 44405 30182. I don't think it is a Lite On, but I am not sure.

IIRC, the last Pacific Digital/LiteOn deal DID start with a "4."

For those who have used the PacDigital 4x2.4x10 +/-R burner, what brands of media have you had success with?

-PD

Called my Local Staples and that SKU# was for an 8X? What model is listed on the receipt?

The SKU off the box is: 644405301821

Model: U-30182-RV1
P/N: U-30182

"Your brother from TN, and a stepbrother from IN just purchased these for $55" ;)

-PD

Here is the SKU off the receipt: 644405301821, Internal IDE DVD +, $89.50 with a $34.50 discount.

My Staples wouldn't do it. Can someone send me a receipt so I can price match this?

I went to my local staples and saw they had an 8x PD dvd +r+rw for 129 with like a $30 mail in rebate

Its on thier site to
Pacific Digital 8x4x12x Internal DVD+-R/RW Drive
Item No. 556595 1 Business Day $129.94
Receive $30 back

how reliable is 8x burning on the 411s? i just dont see how it could efficiently do 2 times faster if it wasnt built for it without making 2 times more coasters :eek:) though two times more coasters for me would still be zero as i have had none...... i <3 my lite on!!

-=edit
i just did firmware upgrade hack...it shows it as 811s, but nero doesnt have option to burn at 8x? how would i check if i could?

Nero shows it as an 811S? Good. Now you have to get some 4X +R media, eg. Memorex and Imation (Fuji too..) which will burn at 8X in the drive, and put it in the 811S. Nero should now show you an 8X burn option.

ahhh ok thanks...thatd explain why its only showing 2.4x because the only dvds ive burned were 2.4x

Yeah, this offer is a 411S, which can be "hackz0r3d" to burn at 8X with certain media, effectively making it a 811S.

Back