4k off brand camcorders

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
ok so wasn't sure where to put this but after starting to get videos off my old sony handycam, I realize it is 720x480 and videos really suck.

I could get a 1080p camcorder, a good name brand one for $250.... but I have a canon DSLR ( canon 7d mark ii) and was thinking what about 4k camcorders..

so started looking and WOW.. all big name brands are $1000-$3000 so hell id buy a new dslr with 4k for that.

so I started seeing on amazon off brands. Anyone have any good experience with 4k offbrand camcorders they recommend?
these are for just family videos... MMA, outdoor soccer, wrestling, etc...

thx...

People still use camcorders? Don't have a decent smartphone camera?

People still use camcorders? Don't have a decent smartphone camera?

smartphone at a soccer game would be a pita... I do use my dslr for photos but still wouldn't mind video.

while I like taking photos and capture the moment.. video is nice to watch but yeah I get your point... hah

There are no phones on the market that can come close to a good "real" camera/camcorder.
Apparently the nearly dead camcorder and compact digital camera markets disagree with you. I think stand alone GPS left a message for you as well, just probably not on an answering machine attached to a landline phone.

Reactions: atom
like this
I stated a fact. Your poor attempt at humor doesn't change that fact.

Well, this is an old thread, but thought I'd give some input to those who might read this in the future.

DO NOT GET CHEAP camcoders.
I bought a $100 some random brand (Seree) as Christmas present for my dad. It was not 4k but 1080p, 24mp, 18x digital zoom, 2.7" screen 270 rotation. I figured it's good enough for him.
Well shit, that 1080p was a gimmick and put there just so they can say it has 1080p. It's blurry and slow and you can really only use 720p (and 720p quality was crap).
I mean, my Note 8 does waaaaay better videos. Sure, it's 10x the price, but it's a freaking phone. It can make calls, play games, install apps, control smart home, take amazing photos and videos and so many other things. That camcoder is just that, a recording tool. It can't do anything else and can't even do that properly.
The worst thing? It had 4.5/5 reviews on Amazon (with like 50+ written reviews). I was so pissed.
My advice is don't buy off brand or even random brand.

Back