4k @ 120hz without compression?

Och

Weaksauce
Is there a monitor that is able to display it yet, and even better 4k @ 120hz with 10 bit color and no compression?

I understand DP2.0 or HDMI 2.1 is required for this task, are there video cards with such support yet?

From what I see even the most expensive Quadro RTX 8000 and Quadro GV100 only feature DP1.4, and Titan RTX only has HDMI 2.0 and DP1.4 and all of these require compression 4k 120hz.

You can do 4K 120 Hz RGB 8 bpc with DisplayPort 1.4. As far as I know, there are no video output devices that have full HDMI 2.1 hardware support at this time. Only the Samsung Q900 currently has full HDMI 2.1 hardware implementation including support for 8K and HFR, but it's kind of pointless without a complimentary output device to view that kind of content.

I'm assuming this years crop of GPUs will support HDMI 2.1, and possibly DP 2.0 (though that spec isn't final yet, so I doubt the second). I'm hoping to hear something by mid-march.

I'm assuming this years crop of GPUs will support HDMI 2.1, and possibly DP 2.0 (though that spec isn't final yet, so I doubt the second). I'm hoping to hear something by mid-march.
I hope you guys are right. There were a couple of laptops with unannounced Nvidia cards at CES but I was hoping for an announcement to CES and there was none with a new interface. Video cards are more about DP than HDMI but I hope they release an HDMI 2.1 card sooner rather than later

I hope you guys are right. There were a couple of laptops with unannounced Nvidia cards at CES but I was hoping for an announcement to CES and there was none with a new interface. Video cards are more about DP than HDMI but I hope they release an HDMI 2.1 card sooner rather than later

The port is more or less meaningless; the reason DP is featured more now is that higher end monitors needed the extra bandwidth DP offered to get high refresh/resolution combinations. At least in the short term, that trend is being reversed and I'd expect a more even balance of HDMI 2.1/DP 1.4 ports.

Reactions: N4CR
like this

Nvidia partnered with LG to make them gsync compatible certified and make gsync work over hdmi so they obviously know people want hdmi 2.1.

The only reason the next cards wouldn't have HDMI 2.1 would be because NVIDIA wants people to upgrade twice, the next cards and the next next cards. And I highly doubt NVIDIA would risk pissing people off like that.

Back