4890 install issue

0m3g4

Weaksauce
Joined
Mar 10, 2009
Messages
108
I have never had an issue like this before, but when I go to install the drivers for my 4890 the computer restarts... It is a 650w psu So I don't think that is the issue, the motherboard is a foxconn A76ML-K motherboard, I don't think that would be the issue though. I am leaning towards the psu, but that is more than enough power for this card, its a cooler master 650w.

edit: have now tried it with an ocz 700w, and down clocking the amd 7750 to 2.5ghz, still hard crashing, I previously had a 8600gt 512mb in this comp with no issues.
 
Last edited:
which drivers are you trying to install.. its not your hardware thats the problem.. its either the drivers or your OS throwing a fit..
 
which drivers are you trying to install.. its not your hardware thats the problem.. its either the drivers or your OS throwing a fit..

I agree
You're fine in regards to PSU, i assume both pci-e power connectors are connected?
Most likely a driver/os issue
 
which drivers are you trying to install.. its not your hardware thats the problem.. its either the drivers or your OS throwing a fit..
trying to install the 9.11, I wanna say it is the mobo for some reason, I think it maybe dieing.
i tried to stress my cpu and it wasn't stable at stock anymore, I think either the mobo's power management is trash, and it can't support the card?

I agree
You're fine in regards to PSU, i assume both pci-e power connectors are connected?
Most likely a driver/os issue
yup, both power connectors are in. it's a pretty fresh os install I'd say 2 months old, old nvidia drivers were removed properly, uninstall, restart then safe mode driver cleaner, then boot for install.
 
Im stumped. Very strange indeed.
Is your PCI-E locked at 100Mhz?

yup, locked @ 100mhz.
I took the card over to a friends and loaded it into his comp no issues, im gonna blame it on the mobo, I just think it's going bad...
Doesn't seem stable like it was when I first bought it, and everything has now been downclocked, ram cpu, n/b, seems stable now, but I have a feeling an RMA is coming.
 
Back
Top