4850 w/ Coollink GFXChilla 4

SilverSliver

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 23, 2004
Messages
13,218
Just installed the Chilla, results are...


39c/50c load

700 core / 1050 memory

Thing is absolutely silent, and with the fans on only takes up 1 extra slot. Looks like Crossfire will work easily as well.
 
I have a GFXChilla too but I've never installed it yet...

Did you have to install the memory heatsinks? Do they stick? Heard/read they don't stick very well...
 
You have to prep the chips with something like arctic clean. The stock setup leaves a greasy film on the ram chips so nothing will stick. Ive had a few coolers that everyone complaned a out the memory chips not sticknig and I never had a problem. Ive tried some other things but artic clean was WAY WAY easier and did a great job to get the chips prepped. Remember to press firmly and hold the new sink in place for a few seconds before releasing.
 
Ehh. I cleaned mine pretty thoroughly with 90% Iso. I ordered some Sekisui 5760 thermal tape from Ebay for 4 bucks -- should do the trick.
 
Back
Top