• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

40mm Chipset Coolers?

Sovereign

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 21, 2005
Messages
3,098
I bought a 40mm fan on eBay.

It died 2 months later.

Like an idiot, I bought another from a different vendor, hoping the $3 fan wouldn't take a dump.

It just started making the grinding noise of doom. The fan still spins (as its predecessor did) but is incredibly noisy.

It's attached to an LSI 9260 8-i's heatsink, so it faces downward. Is that somehow an issue for cheap fans?

Anyway, I'd like recommendations of quality 40mm fans with three-pin (mobo compatible) power connectors.

Thanks!
 
Im sure a few of these will keep the chipset cool. :D

In all seriousness this should be the one to use. I got a few in a homebrew nas / server running 24/7 and nary a hiccup for over 2 yrs now. I also swapped out the above in my dell powerconnect 5324 switch for the 40mm Noctua and it dropped the fan noise by 300% and it still cools great.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In all seriousness this should be the one to use. I got a few in a homebrew nas / server running 24/7 and nary a hiccup for over 2 yrs now. I also swapped out the above in my dell powerconnect 5324 switch for the 40mm Noctua and it dropped the fan noise by 300% and it still cools great.

I will second this. You really can not beat their quality. Unless color is important these are a great option
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top