3DMark06 w/ 5870 low score?

Spare-Flair

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Apr 4, 2003
Messages
7,471
What's with my 3DMark06 score?

It seems a bit low for an overclocked (900/1300) 5870 doesn't it? I've seen 3Dmark06 with a mere 5830 with higher SM 2.0 and 3.0 scores. Is this right? What's up?

18713.jpg
 
Could be a number of factors such as ATI settings, ATI drivers, 3dmark06 version, ect.

Overall the score looks fine. You could probably break 20,000 if you could hit a decent over clock on your HD5870.
 
3dmark2006 is a terrible benchmark. It basically measures your CPU performance and little else to the extent that a 4Ghz CPU with a 5770 would probably score higher than a 3.6Ghz CPU with dual 5970s.
 
Nevermind 06, my score with 2x8800gt was higher than with a 5870, and the 5870 benches way higher in every game I've tested it with so far..
 
I ran it and I get those scores. Same hardware as you. You can make your score higher I think by setting image quality to low on your videocard... but who wants that anyways?
 
It basically measures your CPU performance and little else to the extent that a 4Ghz CPU with a 5770 would probably score higher than a 3.6Ghz CPU with dual 5970s.

His CPU score looks fine for his overall score. The lower scores are related to his GPU which is probably one of the factors I listed in my first response to the OP.

No way a HD5770 will score higher than dual HD5970's.

My best 3dMark06 score with single HD5850 was over 24,000 benchmarks. That is almost 5,000 benchmarks higher than my best score with a HD5770.

Same system just a change in video cards. Clearly shows the performance gains between video cards.

If I had a HD5870 I think I could get around 26,000 benchmarks in the same system. Takes time to dial in a system for performance increases in 3dMark06. This is why 3dMark06 is such a competitive benchmark and is still widely used.
 
Back
Top