3dmark port royal weird gpu usage spike

mgty23

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello.

10850K stock with KRAKEN X73 loud pump,z490 pro ax + 3090 rtx gigabyte OC version stock + Seasonic 850W TX all of them new :

running 3dmark port royal score ok 12500 points.
But in always in the same moment get gpu usage drops for 1 second to 90-92%. Why?Is ok my pc?

Screen:

s.jpg

Its due to new version of 3dmark? I had previously other pc with rtx 3090 but with 9700K and there was not drop here.Was old version

Anyway not worry?

Last edited:
Hello.

10850K stock with KRAKEN X73 loud pump,z490 pro ax + 3090 rtx gigabyte OC version stock + Seasonic 850W TX all of them new :

running 3dmark port royal score ok 12500 points.
But in always in the same moment get gpu usage drops for 1 second to 90-92%. Why?Is ok my pc?

Its due to new version of 3dmark? I had previously other pc with rtx 3090 but with 9700K and there was not drop here.Was old version

Anyway not worry

If it is not crashing I would say it is operating normally. Use diag software to make sure you are not hitting temp/power limits of the card. There are to many variables between systems to tell if your current setup is at fault or not.

yes scores are normal and no crashing. So maybe its due to new version of 3dmark?

yes scores are normal and no crashing. So maybe its due to new version of 3dmark?
it could be what is the time stamp that this happens at I can post a pic of the PR run from my system to see if I get the same drop at the same point in time

Last edited:
I played Quake 2 rtx for a moment and gpu usage steady 97-99%. So maybe its PR thing on new version. Dunno

Here is a Screenshot of a PR Run on my machine Mine holds 100% gpu load throughout the test it might just be an anomaly or like I said for some reason you are hitting the temp/power limit on the card. Granted this is comparing apples to oranges though. This is a Shunt modded 2080ti. But the frame graph shows the same dips and peaks as the intensity of the graphics change.
1614624258618.png

It always dropping gpu usage there on the same moment every run. Should i worry about that?

Back