3DMARK LOW SCORE

Joined
Apr 9, 2007
Messages
44
Hi,

I have the following equipment

Core2Duo E6400 @ 3.2Ghz, The motherboard is a Asus P5B-E 1.4v
2ghz of RAM running at 4-4-4-12 2.1v
GeForce 8800 GTS 320mb @ 675mhz

I got a 9547 Score on 3dmark 2006, Is this normal, I would think is kind of slow

How can Improve it?


Jorge
 
It's quite normal for a G80 8800GTS. did you recently purchase it? if so, I'd recommend you return it and get a 8800GTS 512MB (G92 core). Your score will improve to about 11k.
 
3Dmark means nothing; go play some real games.

That said, your system is hardly beastly, and 9.5k in 06 is a perfectly fine score. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong. Overclock your CPU and GPU if you want a higher score, but know that it will likely do almost nothing for real in game performance, just give you a higher meaningless number.
 
3dmark means everything to check system "normality". It's the easiest way for people to post on forums and ask "Is my system performing the way it should be?" and for us to analyze it.

Score seems normal to me, you're fine.
 
3dmark means everything to check system "normality". It's the easiest way for people to post on forums and ask "Is my system performing the way it should be?" and for us to analyze it.

Score seems normal to me, you're fine.

+1 on that. If anyone gets a shitty 3DMark score, then his games will run shitty. We'd know something is up.
 
That score is about par for that hardware combo. I had an e6420 @ 3.5ghz, 8800gts @ 580/900 and I got 10641 in WinXP. So 3.2ghz would be a shade slower ..plus your gpu is oc'd a bit more than mine is.
 
Looks about normal to me. I get in the mid-9,000's (don't know exactly, I haven't run it in a while with my current settings) with my rig on XP, and it's not clocked as high as your rig is. Are you using Vista? Because that right there could be why you might be a little lower than you should be.
 
No, I am not using Vista,

My 8800 GTS is factory overclocked to 675, How can I overclock it more? take into account that my motherboard is a P5B-E with an Intel chipset, not nvidia.

Also, Is it suggested to overclock it a little bit higher?

Jorge
 
Might sound N00bish, but thats the score I used to get when I had my GFX card in the the 1Xpcie slot (was there for months)

Check it out once it was moved with your same card and CPU

2e54but.jpg
 
3dmark06 loves cpu. If you want the highest score possible raise your cpu clock and youll see both your cpu and sm2/3 scores improve. You probably wont notice any difference in games but your 3dmark scores will be higher.
 
Seems a little low considering if I overclock my x2 4000 to 2.84ghz I get over 9k.
 
i get 9550k with a opteron 165 at 2.7ghz and a 8800gts g92 512mb. overclocking the video card doesnt help my score a bit....
 
Back
Top