3com Superstack II 3000 Switch - Help!

pug

[H]ard|Gawd
I can't find anyway to connect and setup this 12 port managed switch. Even if I had a serial cable I don't see how that would get me much futher. I don't know the default IP or anything to telnet into it.

I read the user manual for it in PDF format and also searched the web. Any help would be appreciated. A friend gave to this me if you're wondering.

you use the serial cable to connect to the console port using hyper terminal. you can try defaul paswords like "NetICs" or "NetICS" or try googling for your model.

Just tell hyper termial to connect on Com1 or something and the switch will answer? No IP needed?

Crap went to Radio Shack cause Best Buy didn't have serial cables. The cable I got is male on both ends. My computer wants Female..

Why can't my computer be a lesbian :(

Does it have to be null modem? Do I need a null modem adapter

One end was Female the other end was Male so I got a gender changer because my computer only accepts Female

Its not working is what I'm saying basically

ya need a null modem cable my friend..

i picked a pair up offa ebay for like 6 bucks shipped.. worked like a charm

Ordered one off ebay around $7

Should be here in 4-5 days

Got a null modem cable still doesn't seem to work using Hyper Terminal

Have you tried these settings on Hyper Term:
Select Use COM# (to what ever com port # on your computer you are using)
9600 bits per sec
8 bits
1 Stop bit
No flow control...

Connect everything, start the terminal session, wait a few seconds and hit enter a few times...?

I've connected to 3Coms many times. I don;t remember anything unusual in the process...
<edited for spelling>

Back