3700 temps

cfish

Weaksauce
my 3700 claw is running at 55 C (according to bios) under load with the hsf it came with and arctic silver 5... this too hot? its not oced. my system temp is ~ 47

I run about 42-45C idle and 58C unload but my house is always hot and I only have 2 case fans. Unless its unstable I wouldn't worry about it.

tree_ said:
I run about 42-45C idle and 58C unload but my house is always hot and I only have 2 case fans. Unless its unstable I wouldn't worry about it.

alright thanks

Unabomber said:
Did you use just a very thin layer, as recommended by AS? Some folks actually end up putting too much compound, reducing it's efficacy.

Those numbers seem somewhat high, compared to what others were getting, especially when it comes to system temp:

http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/FeedBack/CustratingReview.asp?item=N82E16819103464

actually wasnt that about right with mine? someone there said a high of 48 for the system, and a few were getting 54C for the cpu underload

i am going to check out the as tho, also i was kind of worried that i didnt remove all of the compound that came with the heatsync

(cf)Eclipse said:
just noticed. a very thin layer is not what's recommended by AS for lidded cpu's. here's how you should install the heatsink:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions_big2.htm

also, removal of all thermal compound is pretty important. be sure to clean it off as well as you can :p

yeah i just went back, cleaned off the heatsync as well i could, and reapplied as5 to the cpu. when i took off the heat sync there were areas of the cpu showing, that could have been why maybe...

NEVER TAKE OFF THE HEATSINK TO LOOK AT THE THERMAL PASTE!!!!

though i'd get that out of the way. it just introduces lots of air bubbles that kill heat transfer. go back and do it again, make sure that you don't use too much. ;)

(cf)Eclipse said:
NEVER TAKE OFF THE HEATSINK TO LOOK AT THE THERMAL PASTE!!!!

though i'd get that out of the way. it just introduces lots of air bubbles that kill heat transfer. go back and do it again, make sure that you don't use too much. ;)

yeah no kidding, hence the "i reapplied as5"

Back