3570k enough for my needs?

eric335

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2012
Messages
266
Hey all,

building a new rig based around gaming, with the ability to do dreamweaver/PS/web browsing/etc.

Is a 3570k going to be enough to run MMOs like Guild Wars 2? Ill be running max settings for everything. I understand MMOs strain the CPU much more than a FPS (unless we are talking about 64 players on BF3), hence my question.

The mobo ill be using is an ASUS P8Z77-V LK, game will be run off a Crucial M4 SSD, and the GPU will be MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit

Thanks!
 
I would imagine so. I can run Tera Online at max settings at 1920x1200. What is your resolution?
 
Does anything that you do actually use hyperthreading? If not, then the 3570k will be fine.
 
A 3570K will absolutely fill your needs. Nothing you have mentioned will be especially faster with HyperThreading. If it's not video compression, file compression, 3d rendering or compliling then you're fine with the 3570K.
 
Well I picked up a 3570K, then returned it for a Microcenter priced 3770K. I may not of needed it, but I sure like it as I will be moving all my Blu-Ray movies to HDs. Even without the Microcenter discount, I would go for the 3770K, but that's just me. Transcoding is the only justification I could come up with, but it was enough for me.
 
Neo Zuko said:
Well I picked up a 3570K, then returned it for a Microcenter priced 3770K. I may not of needed it, but I sure like it as I will be moving all my Blu-Ray movies to HDs. Even without the Microcenter discount, I would go for the 3770K, but that's just me. Transcoding is the only justification I could come up with, but it was enough for me.

how much more is a 3770k I7? what other i7s are there?


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
Here are the 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7 processors. For your needs I would focus on the Intel Core i5-3570K as the best processor for your needs.
 
Back
Top