• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

3 monitors 2 same 1 not

dpoverlord

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
2,074
Greetings,

I have 2 23" Samsung 2333T monitors. I wanted to buy a third but they are not sold anymore. If I were to get a third monitor thats not the same would it affect eyefinity or throw off the screen in your guys opinion? Has anyone done this before and enjoyed it or is it really annoying?

Thanks!
 
It's extremely distracting to me and I have three of the same monitors and 1 is slightly different. Though I don't notice it too much while gaming. I'd say try to find one used.
 
Yes it will effect eyefinity. Eyefinity requires all 3 monitors to be identical to enable key features such as bezel correction. For example I had to have HP replace my older ZR24w because they had a bug in their EDID that caused eyefinity to think I had different monitors.
 
I thought Eyefinity was a lot more forgiving about different type monitors, as long as they were the same resolution. nVsurround is extremely picky about having same type monitors.
 
Yes it will effect eyefinity. Eyefinity requires all 3 monitors to be identical to enable key features such as bezel correction. For example I had to have HP replace my older ZR24w because they had a bug in their EDID that caused eyefinity to think I had different monitors.

Only Nvidia Surround need all the screens to be the same. As long as all the monitors support the same native resolution in the EDID, you can get the native resolution in eyefinity.
 
Back
Top