2nd window 'attempt'

Destos

Weaksauce
Just thought I would quickly share my 2nd window, I cut it all out in about 4 hours. I kinda went quick at the end and messed up abit since I was getting excited.
flames.jpg

Im probably goign to sand and repaint the case. Also I didn't grind the edges down yet so its still abit rough.

I just ordered a new powersuply and a couple of fans for the case so the wireing as of now is really messy. But that will change soon :)

Also It feels a little constricted to me as far as how much you can view of the inside. I tried to take that into consideration but it still seams abit small.

I got plexi to put behind it but thats after im done with everything.

Very nice job :). By the way, is that an Ahanix dBox? If it is, how is that case treating you?

yea, just curve the top and bottom right flames and it'll look uber awesome!!:D

looks like a 'dbox'... i got mine while they were 3r AIRs' and still good quality ^_^ Not bad, but not my cup of tea - i would prefer a bigger case...

Nj on the window btw, just clean it up and it'll look mint

Yeah its a dbox. Im actually planning a lot of mods for it, since it will be my main case. Its an Ok case its not really that sturdy and I already broke the fan and temp panel in the front(short curcuit ;x) gona order a replacement part later.

Ordered a bunch of stuff off newegg last night, so I should have a nice looking computer ina couple of days. :)

good job what did you use to cut?

I kinda leaned away from it because of no airflow in the front. I know there are fans behind the hard drive bays, but there's no opening in the front bezel to circulate air in. How are your temps?

nice job.. its takes a steady hand and a pair of stretched underwear to custom cut a side panel with such a detailed design ..

gg.

Nice job man! I can't cut stuff like that and I've 'attempted' like 3 or 4 cuts already, hehe.

You should be proud! Sanding sucks ass, good luck with that! I hate doing that. I'd pay some $15 to sand down my rough edges, heh.

Originally posted by theNoid
nice job.. its takes a steady hand and a pair of stretched underwear to custom cut a side panel with such a detailed design ..

gg.
lol, thats friggin hilarious. hadn't heard that one yet.

Sweet job Destos. Much better than what I did my first time around (yes i know its your second). Tis true about the wires though, definitely clean them up a little. After I did my first (and only) window attempt, I still had wires going clear across the bottom rear to the front middle of the case. It was rather amusing to see them like that. Then I did some rewiring (soldering some spare wires) and it all looks nice. So, in conclusion, nice cut, smoothen it out a little bit, and use something clean to mount the plexiglass to the panel. Clean up the wires and you've got a slick case there.

Sorry was away for a while.

I have a temporary PSU in there atm, the reason why the wires aren't cleaned atm :) ordered a new PSU off newegg a couple days ago, but due to new years its going kinda slow.

As for circulation in the front of the case. :) hehehehehe mwahahahahahah

I cut out a lot of non needed plastic in the front around the fan, and and was trying to relocated the front curcuitry but failed :( (kinda short cuircuited it and it blew a couple of thin ICB lines.)

but as of right now circulation is good in the front. Ill take a picture ;o
front.jpg

Im going to order a replacement ICB for the front so I can actually make use of the thermal sensors. But right now its werkin fine w/o em.

nice job with the front. i need to do that to mine eventually. keep it up!

The cutting is definately nice. With a nice sanding disc/tool, that thing will look just shy of laser-cuts :)

Originally posted by Destos
Im probably goign to sand and repaint the case so it will looks better. Also I didn't grind the edges down yet so its still abit rough.

Other than that, awesome work man, very nice. :cool:

lol, I should stop posting when I'm tired. :p

edit: and check my spelling. ;o

thats bice cutting, not easy shapes to do, a little bit of sanding and painting and you are away!

Back