2nd Optical drive...

Timayh

Gawd
I had a LG CD-RW/DVD-ROM combo drive. I just bought a Lite On 52x CD-RW. I have the Liteon set as Master, and the LG as slave. I also have mounted drives if that helps...

well when I go to Nero 5, it burns with my LG burner (slow one, I want it to be Liteon)

Go to one of the menus, I'm not sure of the exact one, but then choose 'Choose Recorder'. It will let you select your new one.

LGdie2.jpg

Hehe, Nero 5. :p I'm still using 4.

I'm planning on getting a 52X32X52X Sony burner soon, to go along with my 32x4x12x burner. :) Hoping I don't run into any problems with that setup.

At first I thought it was jumper problems, because the LG combo was Master and the Liteon (good) was slave. So I changed them, expecting Nero to see the Liteon in the recorder list... :(

Originally posted by Timayh
At first I thought it was jumper problems, because the LG combo was Master and the Liteon (good) was slave. So I changed them, expecting Nero to see the Liteon in the recorder list... :(

I think the software installed a specific ROM just for that burner. Try installing again, or reinstalling. :)

Or that burner isn't supported with that version, you may have to get an update for your Nero.

Hmmm, in the BIOS where it lists the devices (not all of them, just the Masters I guess), it had the LG as the main Optical drive... I changed it to the Lite on.

And right now I'm installing nero 6... yes, I went out and bought it, legit. :cool:

Originally posted by Timayh
And right now I'm installing nero 6... yes, I went out and bought it, legit. :cool:

What is this LEGIT you speak of? ;)

Originally posted by Tiny
What is this LEGIT you speak of? ;)

UT2003 was the last non legit software I had (it wasn't even installed). I finally dropped the burned disks in the trash and bought the actual game and enjoyed being able to actually play on the Internet. :D RPG Mod and Invasion, it's all good. :D

Back