285 GTX OC temperature..

Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
6
At idle, it's rather smooth at 40 deg C. When running at full speed, it registers 60 deg C (GPU-Z). The casing for the cooling system (with the fan) is extremely hot to touch. There are no crashes or apparent failures, but does 60 deg C seem "normal" for this card? I'm afraid it won't last too long at that temperature.
 
100% normal. hell, reaching close to 100 degrees isn't unheard of. I've never let mine get that warm, but they're certainly designed to take some thermal abuse

with my fan set to auto, while I'm folding, the temp hovers arond 72 degrees
 
mine's 45C idle 70-80C load, evga gtx285 superclocked. so your temps are very good

you should download evga precision and run its real-time on-screen temp when you're gaming.
 
60C is absolutely fine. Most video cards on stock clocks and stock fan settings push 80C when loaded, some even more.
 
60C is certainly normal. My card is at around 65-75C under load with custom RivaTuner fan profiles. I once got it up to 103C (left the fan off by accident) and nothing happened!
 
Mine pegs 85°C under the heaviest of loads. Fan is pushing about 75% to maintain that temperature. This is with a mild overclock from SC speeds also.
 
I set the fan to 40% idle and it sits around 45c, gaming I set it to 70% and I've never seen it over 73c. If I do 60% fan for load its considerably quieter but it gets up to 80c.
 
unfortunately anything over 60% on the fan is way too loud for my tastes
 
I have two BFG GTX 280 OCX sandwhiched next to eachother. When playing Crysis Warhead (or an equivalently demanding game/program) for a while the top video card can easily reach 85C. I have been using them very often for the past 6 months, so even 85C isnt dangerous. Hell, I even pushed the top video card to 102C in a benchmarking test before stopping it.

Yes, my air flow is great, its more then great actually. The only thing better aside from water cooling would be to get a better motherboard so that there is an actual gap between the two cards.
 
Back
Top