• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

27-30" Thunderbolt Display with MATTE Screen ?

ToddW2

2[H]4U
Joined
Nov 8, 2004
Messages
4,017
Is anyone making a 27 or 30 MATTE thunderbolt display ?

Or... maybe a good screen cover that kickass on the apple 27" gloss displays ?
 
Only Apple make Thunderbolt displays and there are no matte panels on offer... Probably never will be either. I wouldn't hold my breath for other manufacturers either, I'm of the opinion that Thunderbolt is a stillborn tech.

1000
 
Thunderbolt is awesome, but like IEEE1394, it may only find niche uses. There are some companies with some interesting uses for it in development, but everything I've heard has been purely off the record, and is contigent on them actually making these devices work. So we will see. As for displays, many companies make mini-DP compatible displays which uses the same connection as Thunderbolt does.
 
Only Apple make Thunderbolt displays and there are no matte panels on offer... Probably never will be either. I wouldn't hold my breath for other manufacturers either, I'm of the opinion that Thunderbolt is a stillborn tech.

1000
 
Thanks guys, I have a 30" Dell Matte display and the converter for my macbook pro, but was wanting to run 2x27 or 2x30 thus the thunderbolt request.

Maybe it's time to build a hackintosh and run 2 dell 30s :eek:
 
I might be miles off, but I seem to remember seeing Linus from NCIX showcasing Thunderbolt a couple of months back with an LG (?) Thunderbolt display?

Correct me if I'm wrong!
 
I seriously think that if Thunderbolt goes anywhere at all it's most likely that we will see it in the areas of disk storage, hubs and the like. It's very unlikely that we will see it in displays, other than in the aforementioned niche markets. We have DVI, HDMI, DP and the legacy connectors already, do we REALLY need another ??

1000
 
I seriously think that if Thunderbolt goes anywhere at all it's most likely that we will see it in the areas of disk storage, hubs and the like. It's very unlikely that we will see it in displays, other than in the aforementioned niche markets. We have DVI, HDMI, DP and the legacy connectors already, do we REALLY need another ??

1000

I agree with this. Thunderbolt doesn't really add anything substantial to the table but just causes unecessary confusion and compatability issues.
 
Back
Top