• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2600K & Hyper 212+

isfn

n00b
Joined
Jan 22, 2011
Messages
40
I just replaced the stock cooler with a 212+. Idle temp went from 33c to 23c @ 650 RPM. Pretty damn nice for a $23 cooler.
 
What thermal paste did you use?

I have one of the 212+ in my server and it's nice and quiet, but I haven't bothered to check temps on it. I picked up a second 212+ at PAX East for $15 at the Cooler Master booth, I'm planning to put it in my future Sandy Bridge build.
 
Antec Formula 5 (which I think is re-branded Arctic Silver).

I wonder if the temp with go down even further after the 200 hour burn-in.
 
Did you get those readings with RealTemp? Seems awful low for even the stock cooler, for core temps that is. For outer-layer of cpu, more normal.

My cores are at 27-28 idle @ 3.4 with the 212+
 
still looking for a motherboard for over clocking that allows me to over clock. heard bad stories about all the boards out right now, so I am waiting for new boards.
 
I'm happy with my Hyper 212+ on my 2500K. Seems like a lot of people with 1155 quads went that route.
 
I'd put more stock in the relevance of load temps than idle temps. Idle temps rarely matter whereas load temps show how your HSF performs when it is really needed.

That said, the 212 Plus is a great performer for the money.
 
still looking for a motherboard for over clocking that allows me to over clock. heard bad stories about all the boards out right now, so I am waiting for new boards.

Huh? Are you talking Sandy Bridge? The boards out right now allow for MASSIVE overclocking.
 
Back
Top