2600+ Build, how far do you think it will go?

go to home depot pick up a radiator a fountain pump and some hosing... buy a cpu water block.. its a folding machine.. doesnt need to look good does it.. use a dangerden water block.. screw north bridge cooling.. buy the nice zalman one

ryuji said:
go to home depot pick up a radiator a fountain pump and some hosing... buy a cpu water block.. its a folding machine.. doesnt need to look good does it.. use a dangerden water block.. screw north bridge cooling.. buy the nice zalman one
no it doesn't, i just want to OC it like a beast.

good choice on the infinity... if you look close at pictures its a lanparty motherboard with stuff missing.. most that will do is make it overclock even more i think someone built a $80 water cooling system using home depot parts and a water block... i suggest not making a res tho.. dont like that idea.. spend the $20 on a res since you really want a dangerden if youw ant preformance.. i imagine it would be like 140 or so total for the water cooling set.. all north bridge cooling is going to do is put more resistance onto the system.. making it cool less efficiently... i may not have a water cooling rig.. but hanging out on hardforum i have learned things like this

AMDXPCottonFire22 said:
What not a 2500+ barton? it has a larger cache 512 vs 256....
2600 OC's better, and the tradeoff i'd be giving wouldn't be worth as much as the added boost from the Cache

i think.

indeed mobile barton 2600's overclock to like 2.6-2.7 ghtz on air with some luck

Yep, though if you want to be really sure...I'd pick up one of those guaranteed stepping (IQYHA) vs. getting a random one from newegg.

Mines a 0352 and if i had a 13X multiplier mod, I could probably do 13 x 200 @ only 1.725 or 1.75. I'm running a SLK800--so the newer Thermalrights with 92mm will can probably handle this a bit better than mine. 1.725Vcore gets me to 43-44C's idle, which isn't bad, but if i had a newer HSF with a 92mm, i would probably be closer to 40-41Cs range.

Mav451 said:
Yep, though if you want to be really sure...I'd pick up one of those guaranteed stepping (IQYHA) vs. getting a random one from newegg.

Mines a 0352 and if i had a 13X multiplier mod, I could probably do 13 x 200 @ only 1.725 or 1.75. I'm running a SLK800--so the newer Thermalrights with 92mm will can probably handle this a bit better than mine. 1.725Vcore gets me to 43-44C's idle, which isn't bad, but if i had a newer HSF with a 92mm, i would probably be closer to 40-41Cs range.
i run at 1.80v on a slk-800 and i get up to 119F w/e that is in C /me is too lazy to calc that
the slk handles up to like 1.90 no probs... the cpu idles at about 90-100F

ryuji said:
i run at 1.80v on a slk-800 and i get up to 119F w/e that is in C /me is too lazy to calc that
the slk handles up to like 1.90 no probs... the cpu idles at about 90-100F

Heh, but what kind of fan are you running?
In C's your temps come out to 35 idle, 48 load--which is not very believeable, b/c that kind of idle/load delta is far more reminiscent of a P4, NOT an AMD.

The fan I run is a Panaflo H1A 39CFM, 32dba--quiet compared to the vantec tornadoes most people on air have to use to hit 2.6 or 2.7. I could do 2.7, but I personally don't like idleing at 45C's--its like i'm using a Palomino again -_-.

* for reference, my temps @ 1.725 are 43-44 idle, 48-49 load. You also have to remember that i'm running 2500Mhz compared to your 2.3. If you can compare the temps you get @ 1.8V running @ 2.3 to running 1.8V @ 2.0Ghz, you will see what i mean.

Tell me what your results are.
** (i say this b/c when I ran 2Ghz @ 1.725, my temps dropped to 40C's idle, but upon changing my clock dynamically back to 2.5Ghz, the temps went back up again).

Mav451 said:
* for reference, my temps @ 1.725 are 43-44 idle, 48-49 load. You also have to remember that i'm running 2500Mhz compared to your 2.3. If you can compare the temps you get @ 1.8V running @ 2.3 to running 1.8V @ 2.0Ghz, you will see what i mean.

Tell me what your results are.
** (i say this b/c when I ran 2Ghz @ 1.725, my temps dropped to 40C's idle, but upon changing my clock dynamically back to 2.5Ghz, the temps went back up again).
when i had it at 2.3 it would do about 100F idle and 119F full load at 1.85v actually.. its stock at 1.80v and full load at 38C average additionaly.. the heat sink measured with accurate probe measures my heat sink temp to be 93 F full load as close to the middle of the sink as i could get it

idling it gets 29C avg and the heat sink's probe is at 87F after idling for 5 minutes

i also changed the fan for a better one before i went back to stock at higher voltage.. i havent run it at 2.3 for a while... those were recorded average temps for it at 2.3 with a inferrior fan in fact =P i changed from a 80 mm silent boost fan to a 70 mm delta .. the delta got me a lower temp then the 80 mm did and its also inaudible for most part... :D

it does match a p4 .. i have no damn idea why my cpu runs cooler then most others tho.. i was getting your typical 131F full load and idle at 109-113 F at 2.3 with the silent boost.. slk with as5 made it go much cooler some how..

Now i see why there's variance.

1) I'm using crappy Asus Probe...whereas, it seems you are using a real sensor?

2) You are using a delta. The fact that you said that the delta is

..inaudible for most part..

tells me your case cooling is probably much louder than mine (3 L1A's at full speed, 1 L1A @ 7V).

3) Heatsink temps are a lot cooler than core temps. My Asus probe temps are consistent with MBM temps--the CPU temp from the die, while the 5-6C's lower one (which is more likely to be consistent with your heatsink) represents the temp from the SOCKET sensor.

So delta + heatsink measurement is probably the reason for the discrepancy.

Mav451 said:
Now i see why there's variance.

1) I'm using crappy Asus Probe...whereas, it seems you are using a real sensor?

2) You are using a delta. The fact that you said that the delta is

tells me your case cooling is probably much louder than mine (3 L1A's at full speed, 1 L1A @ 7V).

3) Heatsink temps are a lot cooler than core temps. My Asus probe temps are consistent with MBM temps--the CPU temp from the die, while the 5-6C's lower one (which is more likely to be consistent with your heatsink) represents the temp from the SOCKET sensor.

So delta + heatsink measurement is probably the reason for the discrepancy.
the delta i have on there now... you CANT hear it when the crickets are making noise outside(with windows to my room closed).... or you go more then 4 feet away from it...
my computer is a real anomaly... the delta only brought the temp down like 3-6 degs F
a delta thats nearly silent... a athlon that has temps like a p4... pc2700 memory that magically goes from 2.5-3-3-8 to 2-3-3-8 at about 200 mhtz+ at 2.8v... my friend ran it at 240mhtz at 2.5-3-3-7 at 2.5v..

i see a alternate meaning in your last post.. those cpu temps i gave you... those are the cpu diode temps... NOT the socket NOT the heat sink every time i used a temp that was not the cpu diode(as in the one amd built into the core) i specifcally said so...

oh and case cooling.... 1 92 mm intake 1 80 mm intake coolermaster neon led fan on side panel

for exaust.. 80 mm blow hole power supply 80 mm.. and 2 80 mm exausts behind the cpu... ALL of my fans except cpu fan is running at 7V and the 80 mm fans are vantec thermaflo's with the thermistors disabled

the delta is the fan that ships with a64 939 fx-53's my friend didnt want the stock cooling so i took the fan after trying it out to see how quiet it was.. it too has a thermistor.. maybe since the heat sink is soo cool its running slow?

now you're really making me interested in that 70mm delta of yours. Could i see some pics of this?

Mav451 said:
now you're really making me interested in that 70mm delta of yours. Could i see some pics of this?
hey.. interested in talking using aim? its faster this way and were not hijacking a thread this way.. pm me if you are

Mav451 said:

how do i make sure i get one w/ a guaranteed stepping?

Back