• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2500k upgrade worth it?

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2010
Messages
1,483
Currently have an i5 2300 at 3.4 ghz. My brother is going to microcenter soon to buy a 2500k, and I'm wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade. I don't know how much I could sell my 2300 for, but I'm thinking no more than a $50 upgrade. I also already have a hyper 212 cooler not being used atm so I'm thinking an overclock over 4.5ghz.
 
It might be if you enjoy overclocking. Personally Id say no but if youve got 2 bills youre wanting to spend it could be. You can always sell your 2300 and make up some of the difference. If youre not an avid overclocker then I say dont bother.
 
your brother probably saw the $149 i5 2500k deal thats only available today. At that price, I'd upgrade even if i didnt need it.
 
Do you have any real need for it?.... probably not.

Who knows what the next-gen will bring. Start saving! :)
 
All i know a 2600K or 2500K @ 4ghz Plus is more then enough for gaming coupled with the right vid card.
 
So I guess I really don't need it. I'll just sell my cooler to my brother when he gets his cpu then.
 
Back
Top