• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

2500k Idle Temp

Bendel

n00b
Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
30
I just finished assembling my 2500k build and looked at BIOS to see my cpu idling at 38C. I have a Cooler Master Hyper 212 and was expecting lower temperatures than this. Is this something to worry about? I'm worried about my thermal paste (which I always worry about because I'm afraid I do it wrong) and the positioning of my fan on the Hyper 212. I had to put it on the opposite side of the RAM creating a pull instead of a push. Those two factors are making me thing that my temp is higher than it should be. I plan on overclocking this once everything is going so I want to make sure that I'm within safe limits before I do anything.
 
That is a fine idle temp. If your load temps are normal, you have nothing to worry about.
 
Idle temps aren't really useful for anything, as there are too many variables that influence them. As long as they aren't outrageous, don't worry about it.
 
Thanks guys. I won't be able to put it under load until tomorrow night at the earliest. Hope you guys dont mind helping me out then - I'll use the same thread
 
Back
Top