• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

2500k BSOD

mts281

n00b
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
11
I'm having problems keeping my 2500k stable while folding and during prime95. I have the multiplier set at x48 with the voltage at 1.425v using a nh-d14 on a p8p67 pro. I set it up just like in the guide in the forum. The temps are running around 69c average at 100% load. Have I basically reached the cap on this processor? Or could I be having an issue with the ram?

Here is the BSOD
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800618B028
BCP3: 00000000BE000000
BCP4: 0000000000800400
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

I'm going to try x46 again when I get home and see if it repeats it at that. From what I've read I should have no problem keeping it at x46 stable I would think. I've seen one from the same bin running x51 stable on the same board.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
 
bin/board still vary differently(esp if you have different amounts/type of ram). its just your luck.
 
I am having the same issue. BSOD with an error code 124. Basically it happens very random. It may fold for hours, days, and then crash.. I was running a prime today for 4 hours and it crashed..
 
I'm just curious as to what is causing it, hardware failure causes the bccode 124 so I'm just wondering what hardware is causing it, anything other than the processor and I'll just replace it. The ram ran memtest for 10 hours with 0 errors so I dunno at this point.

I don't expect the processor to be magic just trying to make sure that the processor is the issue and I've reached the celing and it is not some other weird type of failure.
 
I'm just curious as to what is causing it, hardware failure causes the bccode 124 so I'm just wondering what hardware is causing it, anything other than the processor and I'll just replace it. The ram ran memtest for 10 hours with 0 errors so I dunno at this point.

I don't expect the processor to be magic just trying to make sure that the processor is the issue and I've reached the celing and it is not some other weird type of failure.

I think the EFI bios and the settings are causing it. I think I know where is the issue. The cpu offset might be causing it with a medium LLC. They either don't like each other or the offset doesn't work the way it should. I was prime stable for 12 hrs with a manual voltage. I cannot get the same results with the offset settings and also don't like it leaving running at fixed voltage..

Your situation is different, but I think you should lower the OC. At the current OC rate, the chip might need more voltage..

I can't wait to replace this ASUS MB anyway.
 
I'm leaning towards the MB too. It's cause some strange issues with it's bios settings. When the new ones come out and newegg refunds this one I don't know what I'll do for a board. I really am not enjoying ASUS at this point and I'll be coming for a top tier board for sure. This board has so many issues it's silly, the cold boots, it hating RAM, etc.
 
Quite possibly, I'm having ALOT of issues with windows. Programs crashing at one point then not crashing anywhere. Several different programs causing this. I think I'm going to reformat and reinstall on the Marvell controller for the time being before I keep playing. Been considering this in my head. I have had some weird memory_management blue screens also.

On another forum I was told it was not possible for me to be running into this issue so soon with a new MB, how else can I explain a perfectly clean install to start screwing up so fast. Vipre was the first thing installed after drivers so I know this is not a malware issue with the programs crashing. My HDD is on the Intel 6gbs sata port but I still do not trust it.

After reading some more I think there are a couple bios settings I can try and tweak that I haven't yet and could quite possibly fix my stability issue. I still feel taht either I have a bad brand new hard drive or the controller is screwing with everything. Stuff just crashes really randomly. I've had the windows display crash a couple time even though it recovers instantly. Also have had issues with AnyDVD, IE, Vipre, WOW, Just Cause 2... Too much to just be a coincidence(spelling) IMHO.
 
Were these symptoms present when you ran completely stock? Are they still present if you revert to stock?
 
The windows software issues are there regardless. They kinda just started creeping up on me as I used the computer. Mainly they are startup crashes other than IE and the windows display thing(can't quite remember what it is called exactly). The stability issues vary with the level of overclocking.
 
The windows software issues are there regardless. They kinda just started creeping up on me as I used the computer. Mainly they are startup crashes other than IE and the windows display thing(can't quite remember what it is called exactly). The stability issues vary with the level of overclocking.

Something is terribly wrong. Win7 runs smoothly on pretty much any good working hardware.

Those failures are pretty much of a cause of a bad hardware. I blame MB or flawed BIOS. I know my system isn't stable coz it's gonna crash sooner or later.
 
It has done this weird trying to repair itself thing a few times after crashing, wants me to run system restore when it happens. I don't see much widespread about my particular issue so I dunno. I'm running a corsair tx750w psu, 2500k, p8p67 pro, 500g wd black caviar, asus 460gtx top and gskill ram that was meant for sb. All of this in a 600t case. Really don't know where to start looking... other than the MB. No RMAs or nothing for 3 months so it's gonna be an interesting ride.
 
There is more to Overclocking than voltage and multiplier setting.

I will try and show you a good guide if I can find one.
 
I'd greatly appreciate it, not really comfortable with just changing this in that in the bios without know what I'm doing and why. I'm a diesel technician by trade and have never felt good doing things just because that's what someone said worked. It just goes against my nature.
 
I reset the bios to all stock and started the computer. It promptly crashed with a page file error. I went back in the bios and set it to XMP and am running prime now with cpu-z showing x34. If it crashes now I really am lost at this point. It's running 45c so who knows. It always seems like core 3 is the one that crashes though if I'm watching when it's running prime.
 
I'm just curious as to what is causing it, hardware failure causes the bccode 124 so I'm just wondering what hardware is causing it, anything other than the processor and I'll just replace it. The ram ran memtest for 10 hours with 0 errors so I dunno at this point.

I don't expect the processor to be magic just trying to make sure that the processor is the issue and I've reached the celing and it is not some other weird type of failure.

Some of you guys seem like you're expecting magic from these processors. Just because one guy says he's running it at 5 GHz with 1.5v, doesn't mean yours will. My 2600k is rock stable at 4.5GHz, stock settings. It'll reach 4.6GHz at 1.38v. Anything above that is a no go at full 100% CPU usage. Before placing blame on other components, run your CPU at stock voltage and frequency. If it runs fine at stock, why blame your motherboard or RAM? Your CPU just hit its brick wall (which differs from processor to processor).
 
I guess I found my problem as far as the stability goes. I used the ASUS reps thread as a blue print and had the issues. Used another guide I found that basically said to mess with nothing but the multiplier and the voltage and leave everything else be and it's working fine for around 30 min in prime so far. Was never able to make it more than 5 before. I did up my ram voltage to 1.52 though as I had read several times over. The bios auto ran the bclk to 100.3. So far so good. It would not run at stock without some tweaks so I dunno... Originally the MB wanted to run a 103 blck. It came out the box doing that and it caused bad issues.
 
There's a lot of Vdrop on this platform, had to up the LLC to Ultra High to keep the system from BSOD in some games.
I run my PC at 4.5GHz - 1.32V and others run it at 1.35V to compensate for the Vdrop. Either raise the LLC or voltage.
LLC shouldn't be lower than High setting.
 
9 hours stable running prime95 blend hovering around 59c @ 4.6 1.34v. Solved I suppose. Never made it more than a few minutes before. Does this sound ok for 24/7?
 
Should be fine, I'm running @ 4.8ghz with a slightly higher voltage and have no worries.
 
Guys - just as a note here...

I've had a lot of luck with IBT, LinX and Prime95 stability. However - I've found that some apps and games need a bump in voltage for complete stability.

I can IBT/Prime and LinX 4.8 @ 1.340 for hours. But COD BO crashed within 5 mins. I really needed 1.36v for complete stability! 4.6 was also IBT/Prime and LinX @ 1.275v but again, games needed about 1.28v.

I think this is what some of you are running into. Passing 24 hours of Prime then crashing surfing. So just beware, Sandy is a different creature altogether. You might need to bump vcore one notch past what is CPU stress stable.

Also - if you have Win7 SP1 you can use the new libraries for LinX and IBT and really push your CPU with AVX. GFlops shot up to 120 GFlops and the temps jump but you can really see if your chip is stable....
 
Also - if you have Win7 SP1 you can use the new libraries for LinX and IBT and really push your CPU with AVX. GFlops shot up to 120 GFlops and the temps jump but you can really see if your chip is stable....

Guess we know what I'll be doing tonight after work. O poor neglected games...
 
Back
Top