2500@3200

theedge

n00b
Hello everyone,
I am trying to get my 2500 stable at 3200 and I'm having a hard time. I currently have it at [email protected], [email protected], Cpu interface enabled, [email protected], AGP 66mhz, video and bios caching disabled, spread spectrums disabled, cpu disconnect disabled, enhance PCI disabled, Cpu throttling disabled, APIC disabled. I can boot up fine, pass memtest, but not Prime stable. Do I just have a crappy chip or am I doing something wrong? (Full specs in sig)

What's your temps when Prime 95 fails? If they're normal than I guess you got a bad proc(at least as far as 3200 goes).

Have you tried - cpu interface disabled - ? Many can get much higher oc's by disabling that in bios.

with the cpu interface disabled you will see your sandra scores and other drops off quite a bit. However you will get a significant boost of overclockablility if it was the motherboard that was limiting you, thus see how high you can get, bench it again and see if it is a gain over cpu interface enabled.

This shouldnt be it but i would give the ocz some more juice, give it 2.9V it will handle it fine. Also, try dropping your spd timings to ensure that it isnt your ram.

It seems that you have done much of what you can do. You have upped both the Vcore to a good level, upped the northbridge voltage to the max and given the ram more juice.

I have heard in other forums that the abit dosent like cpu interface enabled with multipliers of 10 and 10.5 but i dont recall seeing the multi of 11 having problems with it.

Hopefully disabling that will help you out

Thanks for all the replies. I will try CPU interface disabled and post back with the results. Also, I'm going to be buying another 2500: AQXEA0331SPMW Z314997280350
What do you think?

I just tried this "cpu interface" trick on my MSI K7N2 Delta-L and it brought my 2500+'s stable overclock up a bit too...

What the heck does this setting actually do? In my mobo's manual it says "enable to use overclocked settings", "disable to use normal settings".. It's more stable with it set to "disabled" and all benchmarks and speed measurements still indicate it is overclocked .. so what gives?

I think that it is supposed to keep certain things within a range. Now when you overclock certain frequencies on the motherboard flucuate more than normal and thus outside of this set range and thus it dosent allow it. Now these flucuation when within reason still are stable but not to the same degree that cpu interface is

Back