$249 refurb iphone deal on att

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
i really wish they hadn't locked the thread so quickly....
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1306074

so anyway it was mentioned that you'd receive a confirmation email with tracking... i've got one but it doesn't have any tracking info... just says "You should receive your item(s) within three to five business days. " i'm assuming it's still good...

also for anybody who keeps asking, i found a page on a reputable site:

http://lifehacker.com/370532/jailbreak-any-iphone-or-ipod-touch-in-45-seconds (/me lufs lifehacker.com)
i'll probably use this, but the comments on that page help a bit too, supposedly there are more stable and safer (although this looks really safe as it is) program you can use on a mac (which i've got)

as was mentioned, i'm planning on getting the bossprefs to disable all data xfer through the towers...

now just wait for them to ship (or arrive) :D

Download this, plug in the iphone and hit the big do it all button!
http://download.ziphone.org/

zipcy7.jpg

i really wish they hadn't locked the thread so quickly....
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1306074

so anyway it was mentioned that you'd receive a confirmation email with tracking... i've got one but it doesn't have any tracking info... just says "You should receive your item(s) within three to five business days. " i'm assuming it's still good...

No kidding about the lock. I can't understand why all these threads get locked while other threads stay open. Anyway, they definantly send 2 emails. 1 for order confirmation and the second for shipping confrimation with your tracking number.

No kidding about the lock. I can't understand why all these threads get locked while other threads stay open. Anyway, they definantly send 2 emails. 1 for order confirmation and the second for shipping confrimation with your tracking number.

i hope it isn't because they find the subject matter "unsavory" i just watched a video that explained the parts of the DMCA that makes hacking and unlocking your iphone perfectly legal...

ok so hopefully i ordered it later than they were sending them out yesterday, and they'll send it out today....

For a reference, I ordered around 9:30am CST and received my order confirmation immediately and then received the shipping confirmation around 9 pm CST.

A friend ordered around 11:30pm cst and instantly received the order confirm but is still waiting on the shipping confirm.

sweet, just received my shipping confirm... the phone'll probably be here by the time the info gets into DHL's system

Same here, ordered yesterday afternoon and got my confirmation right away, then this morning around 9:30am I got my shipping confirmation....... Still waiting on DHL to update.

Yeah, I was wondering why they locked it so fast too. At least leave it open for a few days to discuss or just move it to the hot deals discussion section.

Absinthe, the best skin ever is very similar to the invisible shield. Only difference, is I think it has a couple of extra pieces for the ends of the phone vs. the Invisibleshield that just incorporates it into the front and back pieces. I could be wrong about that but that is what I've read at other places. Also check out Bodyguardz. It's the same as the others but supposedly the best quality and has the least noticeable dimples in the material.

Phone was just delivered and it looks brand new. I can't find a single mark on it, even the headphone jack / usb connections appear to be untouched. I was looking for something to replace my phone, camera, zune, pda and would loved to have browsing capabilities. For $260 the 8gb completely fit the bill and I am exceptionally happy with the purchase.

I've been researching the best unlimited data plans and leaning towards the go phone medianet unlimited for $20/month. This way I'll have activated the phone, completing the requirements of purchase and keeping the warranty intact, without the normal 2 year standard contract. I have read that you must activate for any warranty service.

Any suggestions on better data / phone plans?

To note :

SDer said:
Mine was just delivered via DHL, no sig required. The phone comes in an unsealed orange and blue AT&T box that has the following printed on the box. -

Quality Remanufactured Equipment
  • High Quality
  • Certified reconditioned handset
  • Battery,charger and user guide included

A sticker on the top of the box states " 10% restocking fee applies to ALL refurbished iPhone returns. Refurbished iPhones have a full 1 year warranty. You must retain receipt for warranty claims through Apple."

Phone appears unused and in perfect condition upon a brief inspection.

60-195kbs speeds on edge-iPhone edit

sweeeeeet... got mine, got it hacked and cracked, seems to work good... now to get it to sync thru wifi with linux... whew i got a bit of work ahead of me

Edited from iPhone wootles

Got mine yesterday. Got it unlocked and it's good to go!

Takes some getting used to the touchscreen. And it's a brick compared to my old phone. But I still love it! :D

I just got it yesterday and this may be normal, but on bootup the mac apple logo has what appears to be a curving crack on it from the top right corner down to the lower left side. Also it occasionally restarts and the screen flashes some crazy colors and it goes back to the apple logo.

I just got it yesterday and this may be normal, but on bootup the mac apple logo has what appears to be a curving crack on it from the top right corner down to the lower left side. Also it occasionally restarts and the screen flashes some crazy colors and it goes back to the apple logo.

The curving crack on the logo is normal but the ocasional restarts and screen flashes sounds funky.

Download this, plug in the iphone and hit the big do it all button!

To note, I read that Ziphone downgrades the bootloader and the only way to restore is by actually opening up the case to restore via "testpoint". iliberty and iplus both allow for for restoring the bootloader back to the original specs via software.

What types of speeds are you guys seeing over wifi and edge?

I think my iphone is screwed. I restored it via itunes, then I tried iliberty and it messed it in the process now all I see on my screen is
bsd root: md0, major 2, minor 0

I tried reseting and it scrolls a bunch of stuff then it finally starts repeating the above text

The curving crack on the logo is normal but the ocasional restarts and screen flashes sounds funky.

To note, I read that Ziphone downgrades the bootloader and the only way to restore is by actually opening up the case to restore via "testpoint". iliberty and iplus both allow for for restoring the bootloader back to the original specs via software.

What types of speeds are you guys seeing over wifi and edge?

wifi seems good, havn't gotten into edge yet as i don't have a data plan yet... in the process of checking out my options on that front....

Just curious as to the condition of the phones this time around. Do your phones look brand new as in the last go around of these refurbished specials, or do they look a little worn?

Mine was in perfect condition and I wonder if they are liquidating new stock of the originals in anticipation of the new launch.

Btw, the deal is back and a bit sweeter as you can get $39 back from dealdigs ;) making the total $210 on the 8gb and $310 on the 16gb.-

ATT.com has the Apple iPhone 8GB Refurbished for $250 with free shipping.

You can also get the 16GB version for $350.

To note : Dealdig has a $39 Cash back on this purchase bringing the total to $210 (+Tax) for the 8GB and $310 for the 16GB.

Enjoy! :)

I think my iphone is screwed. I restored it via itunes, then I tried iliberty and it messed it in the process now all I see on my screen is
bsd root: md0, major 2, minor 0

I tried reseting and it scrolls a bunch of stuff then it finally starts repeating the above text

you should be fine. just hold the middle button and power button at the same time to turn it on in recovery mode, it takes about 5-10 seconds. then connect to your computer and run the restore.

Back