2005fpw without a gfx that suports the wideaspect?

Pipen

n00b
Hi.

My Dell 2005fpw will arrive on monday according to UPS. But I came to think about one thing. I have an old gfx.. a Asus V8200 T5 Delux (GeForce 3 Ti 500) without a DVI output. Is it possible to use the monitor with that card without harming the montior? The card doesn't support thoose wideaspect ratios i guess. How does the monitor work? is it a "fit to screen" funktion with 4:3 resolutions or something like that?
Hmm, I guess my actuall question is: Will the monitor work for now with my old GFX until I get a new one?

Thanx in advance

please someone!
I'm affraid the monitor will take damage if I use this old gfx card, any one who knows for sure?!

Pipen said:
please someone!
I'm affraid the monitor will take damage if I use this old gfx card, any one who knows for sure?!

I don't think it will get damaged. Just don't pump more refresh rate into the monitor then what windows says it can handle. Make sure to install the driver that came w/the monitor.

What card you going to get in future??

jay

I had an Asus GeForce Ti400 when i first got my 2005fpw, and it worked perfectly over analog VGA, it supported 1680x1050 just fine, even without the latest driver..... but use the latest one anyway.You should be good to go with a Ti500.
BTW, i got rid of my Ti400 because it wouldnt work fine thorugh DVI and it didnt wanna use VGA.... my excuse to buy a new card. ;)

Back