2005fpw help plz

Joseph05

n00b
I got my 2005fpw in the mail yesterday and I am having some problems. To start off, the screen has a wierd glare, I can't really explain it, but one of my nintendo ds touch screen is just like it, some of you might know what im talking about. Next, i tried to watch dvds on it and it looked all fuzzy. Also I have slight Backlight bleeding. I was wondering How Dells return policy is to get a replacement. And can I do it through email because my english is not so good

Ive been looking for email myself, but the problem that gets me stuck is the service tag, I cant find one for these.

I had to hunt a bit but there is a link for returns. Login, click support tab then order support I sent an email earlier today. I just emailed using the return link but I requested a replacement. I just received this reply:

>
> Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware Warranty Support.
>
> I have reviewed your email and understand that the monitor has issues with
> the backlight bleeding and needs to be replaced.
>
> Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this matter has
> caused and I assure you to provide the best possible information.
>
> Mr. ______, I have checked the details of the Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX
> provided by you and request you to provide us the below information so we
> can set up a service to send you the replacement monitor.

Thade said:
I had to hunt a bit but there is a link for returns. Login, click support tab then order support I sent an email earlier today. I just emailed using the return link but I requested a replacement. I just received this reply:

>
> Thank you for contacting Dell Hardware Warranty Support.
>
> I have reviewed your email and understand that the monitor has issues with
> the backlight bleeding and needs to be replaced.
>
> Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this matter has
> caused and I assure you to provide the best possible information.
>
> Mr. ______, I have checked the details of the Order Number XXXXXXXXXXX
> provided by you and request you to provide us the below information so we
> can set up a service to send you the replacement monitor.

Where is this email link ? Im lost :(

EDIT: FOUND IT !

Thanx

Does anyone know how the returns work? Do i send them the monitor first and they send me a new one?

somoene needs to make a guide for this... I got mine today and it was bad.

i think they sent you a replacment monitor and you use the same box to re-send your deffective monitor back to them.

after an hour and 30 min on the phone things worked out.

What they normaly do is send you a new monitor, and pick up the one thats broke at the same time. So you don't go without a monitor.

what happens if its worse then the one you have already? do you simply just get another replacment?

LogicSound said:
what happens if its worse then the one you have already? do you simply just get another replacment?

Yes.

This is part of the problem of returning displays that are marginal... i.e. one stuck pixel, or slight backlight problems. In the quest for the perfect display, you can often end up getting ones that are worse after RMA'ing.

Do you guys know if they need the original address, thing is I will be in LA for like a month or two and it was shipped to Perris originally.

How long does warranty last ?

Yes i'd also like to know how long the warranty lasts or if there is a time limit on being able to send it back. Reason being, i don't have a computer right now and had the monitor shipped to my home but i won't be back home until 2 weeks.

Back