2001FP Pivot Software and/ or Drivers

Kenyatta

n00b
New CPU on the way and new 2001FP on the way as well. My preliminary research suggests that the 2001FP does not have the software or the drivers to properly utilize the pivot function, correct?

Question what driver software or driver did you install and use.

NVIDIA owners need not answer, as I understand your cards come with some kind of pivoting software. My video card will be the ATI Radeon 9600XT…does anyone have this card and is able to pivot the monitor and the image on the screen as well. Or does anyone have suggestions for my set-up?

First post…thanks for your help.

Kenyatta B.

Who's going to be the first to flame him for buying an Alienware?

Omega 3.10 based have a tab with pivit options. You can go 90 left or right. *Head tilted sideways* Works well with the 2001fp /9500Pro.

Ender what are you talking about? NIce way to greet a new arrival here! Maybe we should flame you for your quote! If your not nice enough or can't help someone then why be a D#@k?

Yeah Dell has some simple drivers located on their site for the 2001FP that enable pivoting. I found them in a review of the monitor. . . I think it was posted here as well but unfortunately search is down. However, there's no need to backdate your ATis or d/l a separate program. . . just gotta find that Dell link. . .

google pivot pro

its a nice little proggy that sits in yer tray. just right click and hit the pivot button real easy... thats what i use

Originally posted by mxpxrulzz
google pivot pro

its a nice little proggy that sits in yer tray. just right click and hit the pivot button real easy... thats what i use

Does it work better then the ati tab? I currently use the ati rotate tab but it is slow as hell. Even once it is in portrait mode it seems to take a lot longer to load pages and bring up stuff on the screen. I'm interested in pivot pro but only if it is much better then the ati rotate.

Originally posted by Equalizer
Does it work better then the ati tab? I currently use the ati rotate tab but it is slow as hell. Even once it is in portrait mode it seems to take a lot longer to load pages and bring up stuff on the screen. I'm interested in pivot pro but only if it is much better then the ati rotate.

just give it a try there is a trial available
http://personalcomputing.portrait.com/us/products/pp_overview.html

alot easier imo to just right click an icon in your tray than fuck with your driver tabs etc....

For those who want to use the ATI driver, go into the registry and edit the following

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ATI Technologies\Desktop\0000\Rotation from 00 00 00 00 to 01 00 00 00

I've tried this back to the 3.7's and it works fine. Once you have the tab in your driver section, you can assign a hotkey to it and pivot it from one key on the keyboard.

Back