• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

20-30s input lag, video card problem?

Gagnon

Weaksauce
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
93
So I am having this nasty problem at work. My PC is an Intel C2D E8400 @ 3.00GHz w/ 2GB of Ram and an ATI Radeon X1300/X1550 Series video card. I use 2 monitors (Dell's) I forget the exact model number.

The problem I have quite often is I will be writing an email on one monitor and when I click on an application on the other monitor I literally have to wait 20-30 seconds for that window to gain "focus". It doesn't matter what the other application is, it could be a File Explorer window. Then after working in that monitor when I go back I have the same issue. The weird thing is I can still move and see the mouse, I just have to wait for the targeted application to give away.

IT has already replaced video cards (with the same model). They have also installed the latest drivers. Any idea what could be causing this? Is the video card I am using at work a P.O.S.?
 
I think you need to elaborate a little more. You can start by telling us what are the resolutions of the monitors you are using?
 
"Focus" isn't something that requires GPU power, especially in desktop (2D) mode.

Sounds like what happens when a system is using literally all of the RAM available to the machine. I've seen a few systems that do that or something similar. If thats not it, then there would seem to be another hardware issue (Assuming you have tried reformatting - if not, that would be the next step, as it would eliminate software issues from the OS)
 
OS: Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
The Ram isn't being pegged at least by looking at Task Manager

Maybe I am better off just reformatting and putting Windows 7 on it (assuming they will let me).
 
Since its XP, this is definitely not a GPU issue.

AFAIK, the task manager in XP doesn't display RAM usage like it does in Vista/7. The bar under the CPU usage is page file usage.
 
Thanks, any good way to identify how much RAM it is using accurately? Anything I can download? I could probably get it bumped to 4GB, although only 3GB would get recognized until I upgrade it to an x64 OS. I'm leaning towards putting in a request to get an x64 Win7 system w/ 4GB of Ram and then this should be a non-issue.

I've been very happy with Win7 at home.
 
Back
Top