2 questions about displays...

CTR1

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
74
Hello,
I'm new here but have been lurking for a couple days after I found Vega's post about the 3 portrait monitor setup and got to thinking about somethings with my own setup, which is not nearly as cool :rolleyes:

1) I have 2 1080p monitors (see signature for all [Hardware details]) in landscape mode but never thought to/realized to try and get games/movies/tv shows to take up both screens (if possible)...so how would I go about getting this to work (if possible)?

2) I'm not a monitor guru and was looking for wallpaper that would stretch across the 2 monitors but can't figure out the resolution I would need...thoughts/tips/help?

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
1) For games you can use eyefinity to get the screen to span both displays. Movies/TV won't really be practical since the aspect ratio is only sized to fit one monitor.

2) well.... you have 2 monitors of 1920x1080 side by side..... so what's the total resolution of your display area?
 
1) For games you can use eyefinity to get the screen to span both displays. Movies/TV won't really be practical since the aspect ratio is only sized to fit one monitor.

2) well.... you have 2 monitors of 1920x1080 side by side..... so what's the total resolution of your display area?

1) is there something I have to activate for eyefinity to work either in game or before I start the game? I would be playing Medal of Honor and Black Ops, fwiw.

2) ok so it is just adding the resolutions together? I guess I was confused since the wall paper site didn't have mine @ 3940x2160 but had something close...so I wasn't sure I figured it out right.

also if anyone thinks im trolling, im not...these are serious/genuine questions.
 
1) enable it in cat control centre, your desktop (taskbar etc) will span across as if it's one display. The main problem you'll run into with games like that, is that where you're aiming is bang in the middle of dead space in between the two monitors. This is why people use 3 or 5 generally.

2) it'd be 3840x1080 for landscape.. you'd need 4 screens for 3840x2160 :)
 
1) enable it in cat control centre, your desktop (taskbar etc) will span across as if it's one display. The main problem you'll run into with games like that, is that where you're aiming is bang in the middle of dead space in between the two monitors. This is why people use 3 or 5 generally.

2) it'd be 3840x1080 for landscape.. you'd need 4 screens for 3840x2160 :)

1) ahh got it...hmm guess I need to do more exploring in cat contol center lol thanks.

2) oh ok that makes a lot more sense thanks again!
 
Ok now I feel just silly but I also am now reminded of why I didn't bother setting up eyefinity after getting my 2nd monitor. Basically every time I try to set it up the right hand monitor (that had the windows start bar) would always 'switch spots' with the left hand monitor. And now I finally made the left hand monitor the monitor with the windows start bar but then it just switches spots again...hopefully this makes some sense to at least one or two people?

also, one of the monitors is connected via an hdmi to dvi adapter as the card I got only had 1 hdmi, 2 dvi (1 single link and the other dual link) (what does this mean btw??), and 2 mini display ports.

thanks.
 
ok so after more searching I finally setup eyefinity correctly. however, as wagoo said having 2 monitor eyefinity is pretty useless so for now i'm stuck at 2 monitors.
 
Back
Top