2 Ohm Plate Amp?

ZacharyS

Gawd
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
758
Preferably 600w+.

All the ones I see are for 4 or 8 ohms, which won't work for me. I have two 8" subs that I'd like to port and use with my PC along with some eD bookshelf speakers, but I can't find a plate amp that will run below 4 ohms without voiding warranty and overheating.

Any help? And TBH, I don't really need it RATED at 2 ohms, but I need one that won't overheat at 2 ohms pushing at least 500w.
 
You could just run your subs in series and use a 8 ohm plate amp that would solve your problem
 
500w + 8 ohm = too expensive ;)

EDIT:

Actually, I may just buy this and run it at 8 ohm. Would leave me lots of headroom and would definitely last longer when I decide my PC needs more thump. I didn't really want to spend this much, but I don't see any other options :(
 
Back
Top