2 channel amp ?

Voidy

n00b
Joined
Aug 28, 2005
Messages
54
I've been looking for a fairly simple two channel amp for my computer. I have 2 100watt 8 ohm b&w's that i'd like to use with my pc, tho obviously a sound card could never power that.

All i want really is something that takes left and right audio and outputs straight to the speakers, but everything i've seen in shops are all in one recievers, with tons of features i'll never use. I'd like to keep costs down by not paying for stuff i wont use.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
 
Keeping it under $400 usd would be nice.
I like quality tho, if i had to i would prob think about spending more.
 
Here are a few options to consider:

Cambridge Azur 540A v2
(I actually wanted this but the lack of space and the price at the time worked against me)
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CA540AV2

Parasound Zamp v.3
(good if you want a compact amp, bad if you want a usable volume control on it. It has small knobs on the back, but you can also use your Windows volume controls just fine.)
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PAZAMPV3

A little over your budget but also supposedly quite good:
Onkyo 9555
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...9555_A_9555_Integrated_Digital_Amplifier.html

There are cheaper but lower-powered amps available, such as the TCA Gizmo:
http://tweakcityaudio.com/index.php...&product_id=18&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

Or something like the Trends Audio TA-10
http://www.obadimports.com/catalog/item/4377302/4344389.htm

I have the Parasound and it sounds great :)
 
Back
Top