2.1 Setup Question

txhackerz

Weaksauce
Joined
May 6, 2002
Messages
90
I am currently looking at a decent 2.1 setup and have looked around, and to avoid shipping and what not plan on buying from directon (semi local)
They have two different model Klipsch 2.1 speakers, the ProMedia 2.1 and the ProMedia GMX A-2.1, after looking around, I have not found much to differentiate the two (I am no audiophile but appreciate good sound) What would you suggest i go with out of the two (they are only 3$ apart in price $120ish)?
Anyways, thanks for the help and any suggestions.
 
I've never listened to either of those, but I would suggest you take a listen to a pair of Alesis M1 Active MKII speakers. I am running a pair of them on my PC and they are the best sounding speakers I have ever listened to on a PC, they also rivaled my Pardigm Monitor 7 home speakers hooked up to an older Harman Kardon Amp, in clarity and crispness at loud levels, and the Alesis are bi-amped.
 
The Promedia 2.1 is a far superior system. The GMX is basically a cheaper, entry level version of the Promedia
 
Mr. Wolf said:
The Promedia 2.1 is a far superior system. The GMX is basically a cheaper, entry level version of the Promedia

Ok great, thanks. Some of the GMX reviews were some what vague.
 
the ifi refrubs are 200 shipped from klipsch's ebay store not 150

edit: they dont seem to be availible on ebay anymore
 
What about a choice between Logitech Z-5300e and the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1?
Not necessarily looking for 5.1 but if they have comparable sound, would not be opposed.
 
Back
Top