17in flat's for office

JAW

Gawd
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
518
We are looking to get some 17' flat screens for the office, any recommendations? Currently looking at the dell 17's.
 
Budget? How many will you need? What line of work is it / what will you be doing with them (graphic design/MS office/video editing/etc)?

-SEAL
 
Hi JAW.

I recommend the Dell 1703FP for office use. I received two of them recently and they are fabulous, esp. for the price. I originally wanted the EIZO L568, then I ordered two Samsung 172x from a "reputable" vendor which will remain nameless because of the ridiculous situation I had to incur with them.

Long story short, I went with Dell. I ordered online, the items were received 3 days later, no frills. Net cost for me was about $370 per monitor. If you have a small business account with them and you are ordering bulk, I am pretty sure you can negotiate the price down by calling Dell direct, so in terms of cost, warranty, return policy, and quality relative to what you are paying, I really feel Dell (esp. for a business) is the way to go.

In terms of quality, the 1703FP is pretty good (7.5/10 personal scale). The quality on DVI is noticeably different than analog but both are pretty good (comparing to NEC 1550x, Samsung 710T, Samsung 173P). Also, the 1703FP has a thin bezel, which was a requirement for me. Width is about 11mm and Height is about 13mm.

Anyway, Dell has a really good return policy and very competitive prices and I think for a business, this is much more critcal than the typical responses you might get from this forum, as it is a gaming site (get 12ms, etc.). Of course this is only my opinion though.

Good luck in your decision. :cool:
 
Im using the basic dell 17" fp's here at work in a dual monitor setup. They work great but you MUST run them at their native resolution of 12x10 or they look foggy; as with any flat pannel.
 
They will use analog connectors, their for Customer Service, Office/Accounting Software.
 
Back
Top