13k ppd on GTS450

Just get another 450 unless you play a lot of games. The price difference here in Canada between the 450 and 460 is greater than in the US., and there doesn't seem to be a huge PPD advantage for the latter. The power consumption should be less as well.

I do play the odd game on my Q6600 OC but mostly RTS if I get the time. I think what I'll do if I get a 460 is put it in my #1 rig and move the 260 over to the other quad, make it the primary for folding GPU2's and/or whatever game might be played there and have the GTS450 as a 2nd or PhysX card (if it needs to be without a dongle) which will happily be chewing on GPU3's. I would also like to replace the C2De7200 in the wife and kids rig upstairs with a S775 quad but haven't seen anything cheap enough for me to jump at. It's getting acceptable ppd now on smp/GPU2 but I don't expect adding a quad to boost the numbers alot so I'm not willing to fork out much. It's mostly used for email/facebook/itunes but only has 1 PCI-E slot so I can't shift any more GPU's or heat upstairs (damn it's hot in my lab/office...)
 
Back
Top