12V output too high?

DP-HF

n00b
Joined
Nov 9, 2006
Messages
1
Hi, I recently bought a Seasonic M12-500 for my first DIY computer. Everything seems to be working fine but I'm getting a stable reading of 12.46 volts on the 12V output. The other reading are: 3.39 volts for the 3.3V output, and 5.09 for the 5V output, also pretty stable. These reading are from the BIOS so they should be accurate. From the documentation I read that there is a normal 3% variance in the voltages, but the 12V output is out of this range. Is this something I should worry about? I contacted the company and they said this is normal but they will exchange it if I want to.

I plan to do some small OCing (~25%) in the near future. Would the higher 12V output affect the performance when I decide to overclock my computer??

Thanks your help!

DP
 
The ATX spec is +/-5% so it is within spec.

Also you are reading this from the BIOS so it may well be off.
 
Back
Top