12ms Flat Panel display?

Same here, very pleased. Keep in mind though, response times are always based on black-white rise fall times, not necesarrily color.

Originally posted by rballantyne
Same here, very pleased. Keep in mind though, response times are always based on black-white rise fall times, not necesarrily color.

It's based on black to white (vice versa) rise/fall times, not gray to gray you mean.. no?

t's based on black to white (vice versa) rise/fall times, not gray to gray you mean.. no?

It is the total transition time added together white/black & black/white.
While this Samsung has 12ms, keep in mind that they have a reputation for making panels that may vary widely. The have announced 16ms panels in past press releases, and then brought them to market as 25ms.

I considered one myself until I found out this inconsistancy.

Originally posted by msny
It is the total transition time added together white/black & black/white.
While this Samsung has 12ms, keep in mind that they have a reputation for making panels that may vary widely. The have announced 16ms panels in past press releases, and then brought them to market as 25ms.

I considered one myself until I found out this inconsistancy.
Yup, it's quite funny that the 172X units that Samsung sent to reviewers before launch actually had 25ms panels instead of the shipping 12ms models :D Maybe they thought the enhanced viewing angle of slower panels would fool reviewers?

Samsung really did mess up with those 25ms screens going to reviewers, but I think anyone who passes up on these great "12ms" screens are missing out on one of the best gaming screens on the market right now.

Most everyone who has purchased one of the new 172Xs has commented on its great colors and response times.

I really am enjoying mine.

I'm ordering my 172x tomorrow! :D Sure thang. I'll post my comments later
when I get a chance to stop drooling :D :D I think my comments will be only
positive 'cause it's my very first LCD.

oh btw here's a really nice review:
tech-mods.net

I'm ordering my 172x tomorrow! Sure thang. I'll post my comments later when I get a chance to stop drooling I think my comments will be only
positive 'cause it's my very first LCD.

Yeah, that LCD is one of my personal favorites, and the only reason i'm searching for a job at the moment. I would really love to have one. Damn I need a job:mad:

Originally posted by Grolandi
Samsung really did mess up with those 25ms screens going to reviewers, but I think anyone who passes up on these great "12ms" screens are missing out on one of the best gaming screens on the market right now.

Most everyone who has purchased one of the new 172Xs has commented on its great colors and response times.

I really am enjoying mine.
Could this be the LCD that finally replaces my beautiful 19" CRT?

Please donate to the PliotronX 172X relief (mainly retinal) fund :D

Back