120 day Vista Trial HOW-TO - NOT a hack

There is no "Vista Trial" version.

The 30 day thing in Vista is not a trial mode, it's a period of time that gives you a chance to ensure your machine is going to work with Vista completely as in drivers for hardware support, etc. It's also helpful because if you encounter a situation where you have hardware that doesn't work (unlikely at this point) or you need to do some upgrades to become fully Vista compatible, you've got plenty of time to do it.

Once you purchase it - which is STILL the only legitimate way to get it unless you got it free from a promotion like the PowerTogether deal recently or some other method - you use that 30 day period to get the machine working properly before needing to activate and tie the installation to the hardware it's on.

This thing is nothing more than a hack that borders on questionable, but that's where I'll leave it.

it doesn't work for me. i don't know what this means.

untitled.JPG

Yeah, when you open the CMD prompt you need to hold Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open the box as an administrator.

As for this being a hack...get a clue. It is a built in command. Period. It's not some registry hack to keep from registering, or to allow it to be installed on multiple computers. Some people will find it useful, some people will be jerks.

Where do you download the "demo"? I wanna make sure it runs correctly on my machine.

Where do you download the "demo"? I wanna make sure it runs correctly on my machine.

:rolleyes:

There is no "Vista Trial" version.

The 30 day thing in Vista is not a trial mode, it's a period of time that gives you a chance to ensure your machine is going to work with Vista completely as in drivers for hardware support, etc. It's also helpful because if you encounter a situation where you have hardware that doesn't work (unlikely at this point) or you need to do some upgrades to become fully Vista compatible, you've got plenty of time to do it.

Once you purchase it - which is STILL the only legitimate way to get it unless you got it free from a promotion like the PowerTogether deal recently or some other method - you use that 30 day period to get the machine working properly before needing to activate and tie the installation to the hardware it's on.

This thing is nothing more than a hack that borders on questionable, but that's where I'll leave it.

Back