11th commandment - 1st book Moses : Exodus

SCUD001 said:
People who are offended by this are obviously Jack Thompson fans...

Awesome job though, good on yah.
:D That made laugh.

VERY nice case there, i think thats one of the most original and best lookin mods i've seen in awhile

Im a christian and I think the case is great. Why are you offended by someone publicly displaying their affection for their faith? Its not like the case says "SUBMIT TO THE LORD OR PERISH IN EVERLASTING HELL" which I could understand would be offensive. Now, if someone has a pentagram on their case, I don't get offended! If their case did however say "Jesus is a liar" then I would be offended. People like to abuse the laws in our world.

That's an awesome design and concept all around. The only people who would honestly have a problem with it would be the ones who are too blind to creativity and art to appreciate it, and do not obviously appreciate that for once there is an answer to all the hell/demon/anarchy/evil case mod designs that float around out there, and it is accurate.

If religion wasn't such a can of worms, I'd encourage more designs similar to it, as long as they were religiously accurate.

that freakin owns. you should make another one and call it the Necronomicon and on the inside put, "Clatu! Verata! Nickel...nicko...nickum...nick(cough cough garble).."

very nice job, very original. just made me get an idea for my nxt sff comp...build inside a bible...a "real" one. well i guess if i wanted to piss less people off, i could put it inside a mormon one or something; but then again, when they come by, they seem pretty interested in my computers and tend to leave me alone.

I have seen a lot of case mods and liked a lot of them also, but i have never been left flat out speechless as when i saw this !!!

P.S.

I also liked the 11'th commandment a lot, it would be very usefull for some of my friends that tend to stick their fingers where they dont belong.

Gute arbeit, mein freunde.
( en, good job my friend)

PKRipper1 said:
People who are offended by this awesome case need to get a life. They're probably offended by many other trivial things that have absolutely no impact on their lives.

yes - I agree... lots of peeps need to lighten up in general... after all, if you take everything too seriously you'll go bananas for sure. (*pointing with a banana*) don't go bananas you all. ;)

R3D33M3R said:
I have seen a lot of case mods and liked a lot of them also, but i have never been left flat out speechless as when i saw this !!!

P.S.

I also liked the 11'th commandment a lot, it would be very usefull for some of my friends that tend to stick their fingers where they dont belong.

Gute arbeit, mein freunde.
( en, good job my friend)

I agree its a kick ass mod!

BTW....its (Gute Arbeit mein Freund) :D

PS: I cheated since i am a german :p And to the religious aspect, i think that noone should get offended by this. Afterall its a free country....how about a strip club case? :cool:

tillyoubreakit said:
I agree its a kick ass mod!

BTW....its (Gute Arbeit mein Freund) :D

PS: I cheated since i am a german :p And to the religious aspect, i think that noone should get offended by this. Afterall its a free country....how about a strip club case? :cool:
lmao

People who get offended by this case are probably Christians who put way too much of their faith, trust, honor, whatever into the Bible. The Bible is a book.

It's the holy text of Christianity, meaning that we believe it's inspired by God, and useful for teaching. No Bible is a sacred object. It's a holy text, but it's not a Holy Book, meaning there's no special intrinsic value in it at all. It's just a bunch of squiggles smeared all over some dead trees. The only extra value the Bible has is something we add, because Religion tells us to or because of some sentimental attachment we have to it.

God doesn't care if anyone "defiles" the Bible. Building a case mod based on a Bible, i'm sure, strikes Him/Her as pretty freaking cool. The builder used creativity and ingenuity, patience, hard work... all these are very good attributes - qualities God built into us. This is part of what it means when we say we're made in the image of God.

But i think the 11th commandment should have been "Thou shalt not run any component at default clock speed." I used to say "I swear by everything overclocked!" Then people would know i was serious.

I'm in awe of the work done on that. Tis simply bad assed. Just one question...What are the dimensions on that bad boy? I'd LOVE to see a mod that took a PC, (mATX/nATX of course) and built it into a standardish size book.

-Ghent

The only thing that would make the mod better is if every commandment started out with "Thou" instead of "You," it sounds more.. authentic? that way :p

EDIT: Even better if all the commandments were written completely in old english..

ScHpAnKy said:
that is the best case EVER.
I can almost agree with that! If it wasnt for that Doom3 mod...

Freaking awesome job man! Keep modding!

Serious props for a job well done man... Now lets see someone do the Necronomicon from Army of Darkness ;)

ozerik said:
People who get offended by this case are probably Christians who put way too much of their faith, trust, honor, whatever into the Bible. The Bible is a book.

It's the holy text of Christianity, meaning that we believe it's inspired by God, and useful for teaching. No Bible is a sacred object. It's a holy text, but it's not a Holy Book, meaning there's no special intrinsic value in it at all. It's just a bunch of squiggles smeared all over some dead trees. The only extra value the Bible has is something we add, because Religion tells us to or because of some sentimental attachment we have to it.

God doesn't care if anyone "defiles" the Bible. Building a case mod based on a Bible, i'm sure, strikes Him/Her as pretty freaking cool. The builder used creativity and ingenuity, patience, hard work... all these are very good attributes - qualities God built into us. This is part of what it means when we say we're made in the image of God.

But i think the 11th commandment should have been "Thou shalt not run any component at default clock speed." I used to say "I swear by everything overclocked!" Then people would know i was serious.

This almost bears relevence until you get to the part where you open the possibilities that God is a "her".

Kickass mod I like it. I love the idea of using the video and power cord as place keepers nicely done.

KM

very nice. i can think of a lot better 11'th commandments, but i suppose that works :p

hikeskool said:
In all honesty, I am partly joking, but I do know a lot of people who would be offended by this.

Frankly, I'd rather see all those demonic/satan/whatever cases by middle schoolers and people who still live in their parent's basement then stuff like this.

Having said that, I like the concept. The idea certainly is original.

And I think the middle schoolers that have a pentogram on thier case is more disturbing. Isn't America great.
:D

thank you thank you !!!

I am very happy to read here so many positive comments !

Some deitals are still missing but I will post some more pics over the weekend. the commandments are not changeable - only if you would like to change the whole window.

the cat in the background ( I have 5 of them ) is my "Tom" and he killed the first mod in "his way of testing a case" ....

have to create a "plexi" cover for the case - so he can scratch only the glass and not the velvet again ;o))

I didnt read any of this thread... but...

I found a mistake? =).

No space after the colon like on the first ten commandments, look at the eleventh... =).

Tengis said:
I didnt read any of this thread... but...

I found a mistake? =).

No space after the colon like on the first ten commandments, look at the eleventh... =).

and look also at the first.... there is the same "mistake"

;)

I dont know why this happened but why should it be perfect ? :p

Back