• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

115v vs 230v

Why stop there, upgrade to 3-phase. Use even smaller wire on the motors.
A much bigger problem is Japan, they operate on both 50hz and 60hz systems.

upgrading to 3 phase isnt praticle as residential area's dont have it. 99% of the time only comercial area's do. having the electric company bring it to your house would cost thousands upon thousands
 
Last edited:
I started a thread a few years ago suggesting 230V power for the big farms. At the time SMP was just taking hold and GPUs were brand new. Nobody was building the mega-rigs like what is out there today. At the time it was impractical, but nowadays I think some appreciable gains can be had if you are already doing some dedicated wiring, especially if it is very long runs in the house. In addition you can use smaller wiring, saving money on the installation. If the computers are all less than 20 wire feet from the breaker box then gains will be less pronounced.
 
I've always thought about running some dedicated low-amp 220V lines just for pc's... but what I didn't know that there's no difference between single-phase and split-phase other than delivery method which prevented me from pursuing it. Good stuff! I may actually put that 220V UPS to use in the future. ;)
 
Back
Top