100mps vs 1gb lan? big diff?

legcramp

[H]F Junkie
ok i am about to upgarde my mb from a gigabyte k8n pro to a CHAINTECH VNF3-250, my current mb has gigabyte lan, but the CHAINTECH VNF3-250 only has 100mps lan? will i notice a internet speed decrease going from 1gb to 100mps lan? o yeah and i ahve adelphia cable 3m/b down 256kup... thnx

you won't notice any difference. Current internet speeds don't even stress those old 10Mbps nics.

yeah.. as far as internet goes, not one bit.. i use old 10mb hubs at home and can play movies and mp3s across the network with no problems... but cable modems for example use 300 - 500 kb/s which is 1 20th of a 10mb.. 1 200th of a 100mb.. and so on..

ok thnx u guys so i dont have to worry about the lan and now i can overclock the crap outta my 64 3200+

As above -
The only place you'll see a difference is if you're transferring really big files locally (on your local LAN), going to the internet it won't be a bottleneck. :)

aZn_plyR said:
ok i am about to upgarde my mb from a gigabyte k8n pro to a CHAINTECH VNF3-250, my current mb has gigabyte lan, but the CHAINTECH VNF3-250 only has 100mps lan? will i notice a internet speed decrease going from 1gb to 100mps lan? o yeah and i ahve adelphia cable 3m/b down 256kup... thnx

Critical thinking my friend. You've supplied all the information necessary within your own post. :)

Back