100 DVDr's for $70 @ microcenter - NO MIR

Awesome, thanks :D

Any idea who's the manufacturer for these dvdrs?

I wonder if they will work well with a light on 8x burner. I would get 100 right now if I new for sure. Hot deal for sure if there pretty good disc. Thanks for the heads up.

I was at Microcenter and had reports that these will not always do 4x. Made by Ben....? don't remember.

alot of people I know at work buy their DVD media from www.yesbuy.net and they seem to have pretty good luck from them. I haven't purchased from them myself though.

They are made by Bencole out of Michigan.

I have bought lots of these. Very mixed results.

Some are labeled as made in Hong Kong and have a slightly different plastic case. IMHO, these suck. Bought 100 and opened 2 25 packs. The top 10-15 disk worked great. The last 10-15 were shit. I returned the last 2 packs. The 20-25 disks that I did burn still work perfectly after being in use for 2 months or so.

Most of the recent ones are made in Tiawan. These are pretty decent. I bought 50 of these. So far, the last 5 have all burnt fine in my NEC 2500 and TDK (Plextor 708A). However, they refuse to burn at 4x on my NEC. They will burn at 4X on the Plextor but the error rates aren't exactly low. On the other hand, I haven't ran into any problems because of the hightened error rate.

So, only going to get 2X with a NEC 2500 with latest firmware. Not going to be the best burn at 4x with Plextor 708A but will work. The Taiwanese disks should all (or all but 1) burn without coasters. I wouldn't use them for mission critial data though.

EDIT: For the last month or so, I have only seen "Made in Taiwan" disks in stores. So I assume that you would likely get these if you order online. And MC is simply awesome about returning stuff. They have let people return open cases of DVD-R's. They even let me return some 60 day old networking equipment that stopped working when they knew it was 60 days old.

those dics are crap, my dad bought a spindle while they were on sale awhile back

maybe 1 out of 2 or 3 burn, and even then they have a lot of errors. He has a pioneer 4x

Originally posted by marcusicp
I wonder if they will work well with a light on 8x burner. I would get 100 right now if I new for sure. Hot deal for sure if there pretty good disc. Thanks for the heads up.

I've had really goot luck with HP media (2.4x and 4x) in my Liteon 811s. They aren't the cheapest, but they work well and have low error rates.

I have the same lite on, with FUJIFILM I have never had an error

Back