• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

1) How does this overclock look? 2) RAM voltage when using divider?

InorganicMatter

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
15,461
Question 1:
3500 3Dmarks. Clocks in sig, but the CPU was at 250*14 instead of 236*14. Yay or Nay?

Question 2:
When running 250/200 using the 5/4 divider, do I still need to set my memory voltage higher and loosen my memory timing?
 
Those scores look right for the setup.

I'd Imagine you can get a slightly better OC out of the processor. Probally somewhere between 3500 and 3600, if you can keep it cool.

Using the 5/4 divider your memory will be running at ~188.8 Mhz. So you dont need to add extra voltage or tighten up the timings.
 
oc that 6800nu.

My setup is
AXP 2500+ @ 2.0 ghz 183x11
1.5 ghz crucial ddr400@ 11-3-3-2.5
xfx 6800nu

and I pull in 4000 3dmarks

I'm pretty sure your processor trumps mine, as even though I have an athlon yours is 64bit.
 
im not gonna flame intel here (but i really really want to). i'd follow the recommendation to try pushing your 6800 a bit higher. check my sig, our systems are not too far removed from eachother, and yet i can pull 6400 on 3dmark05 (not that i put a whole lot into these scores anymore, but as a matter of comparison, i'm throwing it in). Try RivaTuner for the 6800 oc
 
That score looks low. I get a 3200 with these specs...

P4C 2.4@3.4
1gb ram, 3-4-4-8, 227mhz
9800Pro 432/392

My Windows install is pretty congested too, I think I could score alittle bit higher off a fresh install.
 
Back
Top