1 broadband connection with dynamic IP; but 2 separate networks required. Solution?

RavinDJ

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have 1 TWC cable internet connection... the SMC 8014-TWC gateway they gave me is a piece of crap! About the only thing I can do is enable/disable DHCP and/or NAT.

I wish to have 2 separate networks on the connection. 1 would be for the office workers and 1 would be public for others that come in to connect their Cat5 cable and use the network.

I have a Linksys router available and a dedicated pfSense box, as well. What's the best (only?) way to do this? Double NAT?

Me = confused :(

So I have 1 TWC cable internet connection... the SMC 8014-TWC gateway they gave me is a piece of crap! About the only thing I can do is enable/disable DHCP and/or NAT.

I wish to have 2 separate networks on the connection. 1 would be for the office workers and 1 would be public for others that come in to connect their Cat5 cable and use the network.

I have a Linksys router available and a dedicated pfSense box, as well. What's the best (only?) way to do this? Double NAT?

Me = confused :(

3 network cards in the pfsence, create 2 subnets POOF :)

Back