Apple G3 - iMod - worklog (merged with original thread)

Rupi

n00b
Hi

Pleas check out my first Casmod.
Its an Apple-Full ATX-Casemod with Pentium4@90nm, DDR2 and PCI-Express inside.

Ocaholic.ch - CaseGallery

Need some help to make it to look perfect.
Sorry about the writing-errors, no good english-writer. because i'm a swiss guy.
You don't need to write in easy-english.
Just write.

:)

Rupi

very cool! that case is awesome and i like the LED lights on the side panel. id clean up the wires as much as i could and maybe get a SATA harddrive instead(the wire is tiny and MUCH more flexible). if u can find a SATA dvdrom or watever u need. plextor makes a DVD burner in SATA.

I like it alot.....im a mac fan myself.....as was said before i would do a little cable cleaning if i were you!!!!

That looks awesome! Especially that front faceplate. The only I would change are those fan grills. I would go with something very simple and clean. Maybe match the color of the grill to the other colors in the case. This way they blend into the case and are simple and clean like the rest of the case. Those fan grills stick out so much its distracting from the apple logo.

chronic9 said:
very cool! that case is awesome and i like the LED lights on the side panel. id clean up the wires as much as i could and maybe get a SATA harddrive instead(the wire is tiny and MUCH more flexible). if u can find a SATA dvdrom or watever u need. plextor makes a DVD burner in SATA.

I searched for a slot loading dvd-burner. could'nt find. Any ideas?

KCompany said:
I like it alot.....im a mac fan myself.....as was said before i would do a little cable cleaning if i were you!!!!

Inside it looks realy bad, i know. What do you think about building in my own cables
by replacing any cable with a white one?

Fanatik said:
That looks awesome! Especially that front faceplate. The only I would change are those fan grills. I would go with something very simple and clean. Maybe match the color of the grill to the other colors in the case. This way they blend into the case and are simple and clean like the rest of the case. Those fan grills stick out so much its distracting from the apple logo.

Thanks, thats the best idea for my fan grills ever.

You guys ar much more inspirating as the swiss casemodders.

:)

Rupi

Hi People

For everybody who's interested, the pdf-worklog of my rotten Apple-G3-Casemod:

iMod-Worklog PDF

The world's first full-ATX- rotten Apple

Thanks for downloading and having fun.

Best wishes

Rupi

Hi melloman

Thanks for your post. But please write in engish, because not
everybody, in this Forum knows how to read german.

To answer your question about continuing my iMod-Project,
i do this as well. But i ceap it seacred until last moment.

Thanks

Wish you a nice day

melloman said:
you're link doesn't work...

Thats because mashie merged this two threads together,
You can read everithing about my case now in only one
thread. Thanks to mashie.

best wishes

Look for a 17" lcd made by Gigabyte called the "G-MAX" total mac clone mon!!

I used this monitor a while back when doing the same mod you've done, ive still got the mon altho i ditched the G4 case mod in favour of the sexier newer G5 case to mod :)

Good job btw! :)

Back