Super-thin table borders in html?

agrikk

Gawd
Yo.

I've seen sites that have tables using razor thin lines like this:

lines.jpg

See how there's a thin blue line surrounding the title bar. That's what I want, but I can't figure it out. When I try to make a table, the nearest I can come is a table with a border 1 pixel wide, which looks more like the line in the lower right.

Anyone know how to make this super-thin line?

Agrikk

I use:

Code:
<TABLE BGCOLOR="#000000" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="1">
  <TR>
    <TD>
      <TABLE BGCOLOR="#ffffff" CELLPADDING="0" CELLSPACING="0">
        <TR>
          <TD>stuff here</TD>
        </TR>
      </TABLE>
    </TD>
  </TR>
</TABLE>

That'll make a 1 pixel black border

You can get pretty thin table borders with HTML. Just set cell padding and cell spacing to 0. If you view my www link, there's plenty of instances there where I use tables with thin black borders.

Edit: beaten to the punch! :)

Originally posted by ZeroX
Code:
<table style="border: 1px solid #0000FF">
</table>

Well hell, that was easy. Thanks everyone.

Is there a good resource to look up that "style=" tag? I've not used style sheets or the like before since I've never really found a good how-to.

Dreamweaver is an excellent WYSIWYG editor, but not so helpful in the Help department.

Originally posted by agrikk

Is there a good resource to look up that "style=" tag? I've not used style sheets or the like before since I've never really found a good how-to.

The "style=" tag is just CSS, but inline instead of on a separate file. If you know CSS, you can just use any CSS property and put it in a style tag, such as <p style="font-size: 90%; color: #000000; text-indent: 30px">.

I learned CSS on w3schools.org, and learned more about it while making actual pages and looking up information whenever I had any problems or couldn't figure how to do something. But w3schools was a damn good starting place imo.

Originally posted by agrikk

Dreamweaver is an excellent WYSIWYG editor, but not so helpful in the Help department.

Dreamweaver has a built in CSS Stylesheet editor. If you can operate checkboxes and/or radioboxes.. you can handle it. Check it out sometime.

Back