iPhone 5se And iPad Air 3 To Go On Sale In March

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The new iPhone should be interesting for those who have decided they want to switch back to a smaller phone, and the iPad Air 3 will supposedly allow for better photography.

Apple is currently planning to introduce a new 4-inch iPhone dubbed the “iPhone 5se” and a new iPad Air at an event on Tuesday, March 15th, then put the products up for sale online and in retail stores as early as Friday, March 18th, according to sources. Apple is unlikely to offer pre-orders for the new devices, according to sources who cautioned that the plans could still change.

photography with a tablet is just about the most awkward thing you can do.

I have to say there's no way I'd go back to a 4" phone. I picked up a used 6s+ and now my 6 looks/feels tiny...and surprisingly I don't find the phablet size as bad as I once thought.

photography with a tablet is just about the most awkward thing you can do.

No, photography with a tablet is a narcissistic activity and annoying to everyone stuck behind the tablet holder.

I still remember years ago, when I was videoing one of my kids activities. I got there early so I could get a good spot to take phones/videos. This iBot walks right in front of everyone, pulls out his iPad and proceeds to take videos. Completely oblivious to all the people behind him that he was blocking.
It's bad enough when someone messes up your video/pictures by holding up a camera or a regular cell phone, but a full size tablet just makes me what to grab a club.

I have to say there's no way I'd go back to a 4" phone. I picked up a used 6s+ and now my 6 looks/feels tiny...and surprisingly I don't find the phablet size as bad as I once thought.

My new Note 4 has a 5.7" screen, and I've already gotten used to it. I was worried that it would be too big, but haven't had a problem (lucky I have big hands and can even 1 hand some actions on it.)

Now, when I use my old S3 with it's 4.8" screen, it feels tiny.

I can't stand the larger screens. The 5SE will be my next phone since it's basically the only new phone in the 4" or less cateogry.

Depends on price with the 5SE. I use a 5S as a fitness tracker for my runs but it's getting flakey and I would like to replace it.

I will for sure get one. anything larger than 4" is just too much for me, especially in the pocket is quite annoying.

Xperia Compact is like the one on android close to it, hopefully more high end phone goes back to smaller size.

I can't stand the larger screens. The 5SE will be my next phone since it's basically the only new phone in the 4" or less cateogry.

I use to say that, but the screen looks better and you can fit more on the screen. Apps sometimes have a different display for landscape and so on. When I bought it, I seriously wasn't sure if I'd keep it, but I love it. About the only thing I don't like is the case I have doens't have cut outs for power/volume and pushing through the case is a pain.

I'm currently using a 5s, and am definitely looking forward to see more about the 5se. If it hits enough of the right buttons, I'm in.

As for phones with larger displays, though I'll admit they're more comfortable to use and look at things on, I've realized through many expensive trials and errors that any phone with a display substantially larger than 5" is a no-go. For example, I currently have a Nexus 5x as a work phone, and that is bordering on unwieldy for me, if that says anything. I've nearly dropped the thing several times now attempting to one-hand it (e.g. reach for the fingerprint sensor and then do something on-screen). Moving up into the 5.5" to 5.7" territories, I simply can't pocket those phones comfortably, or if I can do at least that, then I can't move around comfortably. Additionally, my pants start wearing out around the pocket areas in rectangular patterns.

Long story short, 4-5" = perfect, >5" = problems. And yes, that's what she said. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the 5se, looks to be the perfect size for me.

So you like the 5s? My son neds an upgrade and i have an old phone so i might just take his 5s and get him a new phone, just wondering your thoughts. Were on a budget, so i get a good phone and he gets a new one...

thanks

I carry both a 5S and a 6 and the 5S is fine for me. However I do have big hands, and I do find typing on the 6 to be more accurate for me.

But I can "one hand" operate the 5S better then I can the 6. There are times when I have to switch the 6 around to landscape and portrait to reach a certain corner or something because I just cant make my thumb bend a certain way or I loose my balance. Where as the 5S I can pretty much reach any corner on the phone in portrait mode comfortably.

I do prefer the power button on the top as well. Its easier to locate and you don't have to worry about exerting force with one your fingers and the phone pushing against your hand and changing the volume. Since the volume takes precedents and the screen won't turn off.

The 6 is faster then the 5S, but not obvious on day to day.

So you like the 5s? My son neds an upgrade and i have an old phone so i might just take his 5s and get him a new phone, just wondering your thoughts. Were on a budget, so i get a good phone and he gets a new one...

thanks

What westrock2000 said, and yes, I like the 5s. Honestly, even if the 5se does hit all the right buttons, I might still balk at upgrading since I don't necessarily feel like my 5s has dilapidated enough to warrant it. It still looks like an 8 or 9 out of 10, battery lasts all day unless I use it nonstop or for navigation, performance doesn't feel slow (I don't game), and updates are still coming with no downsides (yet). The only reason I really have for upgrading is because I wouldn't mind a new shiny. :p

I use to say that, but the screen looks better and you can fit more on the screen. Apps sometimes have a different display for landscape and so on. When I bought it, I seriously wasn't sure if I'd keep it, but I love it. About the only thing I don't like is the case I have doens't have cut outs for power/volume and pushing through the case is a pain.

That's the thing...for me I don't really use the phone other than email, phone calls, text messages, and some business productivity/travel apps.

Games/app utilization of the screen, etc, doesn't matter for me. I prefer the smaller, easier to one-hand operate phone size.

The only time the larger screen is beneficial to me is when I go to the gym and use it for streaming, but that is such a small % of my usage that it's a non-factor.

I want my phone to be good/portable for phone use. I have my PC to do all the other stuff I want to do in my free time.

That's the thing...for me I don't really use the phone other than email, phone calls, text messages, and some business productivity/travel apps.

Games/app utilization of the screen, etc, doesn't matter for me. I prefer the smaller, easier to one-hand operate phone size.

The only time the larger screen is beneficial to me is when I go to the gym and use it for streaming, but that is such a small % of my usage that it's a non-factor.

I want my phone to be good/portable for phone use. I have my PC to do all the other stuff I want to do in my free time.

To me that's a good argument against the Plus, but I find the 6/6s easy to one hand and I have small hands for a guy (I've seen guys whose hands make a Note look small).

That said, I don't use Apple's keyboard, so maybe that makes a difference.

To me that's a good argument against the Plus, but I find the 6/6s easy to one hand and I have small hands for a guy (I've seen guys whose hands make a Note look small).

I do disagree there. The 5S was the perfect one handed phone in my opinion. The 6S is in the awkward middle between 2 handed phone and 1 handed. The 6S+ is the perfect 2 handed phone.

This is exactly why I'll be selling my 6S to buy the 5SE pending they put an A9 with 2GB of RAM in it.

I do disagree there. The 5S was the perfect one handed phone in my opinion. The 6S is in the awkward middle between 2 handed phone and 1 handed. The 6S+ is the perfect 2 handed phone.

This is exactly why I'll be selling my 6S to buy the 5SE pending they put an A9 with 2GB of RAM in it.

How so? I can easily type one handed.

Back